Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Blazers are not for drifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:10 AM
[[B3k@h]] is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blazers are not for drifting

So...i was on my way back from my new boyfriend's house last night, and of course Tennessee has more hills and curves than any freakin place on the planet, so... Here I was, running a few minutes late, about to miss curfew, and I decide to speed around these REALLY sharp curves going downhill. Well...I got spooked. I've got roadrage, and yeah, I speed a lot. But it had been raining (yeah, I know...I'm an idiot)...Anywho. I got scared. So what do I do? I hit the brakes...too hard. Drifted - Off the road. Down the steep incline (still sideways.) Into the woods. Dad and I went back today and I honestly have no clue how I lived to tell the tale. There's no explanation within the laws of physics as to why it didn't flip.

Lucky Me.

Post pix soon.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Blazers are not for drifting

Wow... Glad you are ok!

Makes ya think what all the fuss is about when you think you need to be in a hurry.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:49 AM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow good thing ur still ok! just goes to show that if ur in a hurry dont try and hurry up and speed cuz u might crash or get pulled over or something which will take u even more time. so its just better to be that couple min late or w/e

Old 02-18-2008, 12:25 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Glad your alright, this further drives home the point that you shouldn't speed, especially on curvy roads like that.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:18 PM
cliro is an unknown quantity at this point

glad you are alright, anything happen to the blazer

Old 02-18-2008, 04:51 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Glad to hear you made it out okay

Old 02-18-2008, 05:08 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

OMG... I'm soo glad you are alright. Is your Blazer still drivable (intact)? You have been through a lot lately. I sincerely hope your luck gets better.

I learned a similar lesson in physics the other day. I was taking the 90 degree turn on WC Braswell road at a little bit above the limit for the curve and a dog was crossing the road on the other side of the curve and I braked and slid sideways. Luckily it was a right turn andI was on the inside lane.I'm a natural atcorrecting a spin apparently.... Heavy brakingcauses the weight to shift forward (brake dive), causing a loss of downforce on the rear tires.

I've seen some wicked drifts and spin outswith S10s because they are so light in the rear.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:33 PM
[[B3k@h]] is an unknown quantity at this point

haha....yeah, i'm definitely gonna cut back on the speed.

When I hit my brakes, it was too hard and they locked up on me. So... it was just really scary. They told me that when you're in a slide like that you're supposed to turn the wheel the direction you're going, but the wrecker dude told me this morning that if I'd done that, I probly woulda hit the neighbor dude's house.

I went over a property marker, so there's a pink mark on my front bumper. There's a couple scratches, but its nothing that won't come off with a good wash or wax...

Seriously. As soon as dad gets those pix, i'll put them up. Its crazy how insanely lucky I got

Old 02-18-2008, 09:27 PM
94blueknight is on a distinguished road

wow ya i learned my leason of hittin the brakes to hard cept i just went into a snow bank pretty good but didnt damage anything lol

Old 02-18-2008, 10:23 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Snow banks can be dangerous too. I barely bumped into some of them and have broke my chevy bowtie trailer hitch cover (plastic) and made a small crack in my front bumper cover (yet again stupid plastic). Snowbanks are really good at hiding ice banks which can cause some real bad damage. A kid in high school hit an ice bank and ripped out his tranny in a little saturn.

Quick Reply: Blazers are not for drifting