Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Blazers are not for drifting

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Starting Member
woodsballr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Blazers are not for drifting

not to say i'm the only one who's been there and done that but as far as the luck goes don't push it. i've used up a lifetime's worth of luck like that, doing some stupid stuff that could easily have killed me and sometimes other people. it's never worth it and it always leaves me wondering what i was thinking and of course thanking my higher power (i'm christian but that doesnt pertain to this). and just in case you're wondering i'm 17 (18 in 3 months) so i know that you instinctually won't want to take my advice , i certainly never did, but hopefully comig from someone your own age or close (i believe i recall reading us being close in age) you'll take this and actually listen and not nod your head and agree and forget about it like i did. i'm not trying to criticize you or anything i just would really hate to hear about something happening to you and knowing that i didn't try and prevent it.
and of course i am glad to hear that no one got hurt. including the blazer. and i know exactly what you mean when you look at what happened and say "what if...".
well preacher andy has decided he's lectured you enough with his sagelike wisdom and is letting you go with the caveat that you consider what i said (or typed take your pick).
again i'm glad to hear know one got hurt. did the cops get involved? i hope not.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:35 PM
[[B3k@h]] is an unknown quantity at this point

cops? well...yes and no. Gotta remember my dad is a policeman. ...so is the new bfs dad. And cody (the bf) is in training lol
But as far as a police report, no. no reports. Dad said i didn't have to, so i didn't.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:38 PM
Idriveachevy is an unknown quantity at this point

4 kids died over the summer trying to make curfew in CT i knew one of their parents...

Old 02-18-2008, 10:40 PM
Starting Member

yea i couldn't remember on the age thing an wanted to get it right so i took a peak at your profile. and then i saw on your other posts that you dad was a cop an then i remembered reading it and then i felt pretty stupid. it's nothing new. i forget things all the time an usually remember them at the worst time.
course i'm just glad youseem to be taking at least a little seriously. most people just call me crazy (i am a little) and don't listen to me. and then later theysee what i was talking about.
ok so maybe i'm a lot crazy sue me.
nice pic by the way.

Old 02-18-2008, 10:42 PM

lol, thanks. I need to change it. I don't like it.

&& Yeah, i'm taking this seriously. I coulda died. It scared the heck outta me.

Had to be God, man. Had to be. There's not another explanation

Old 02-18-2008, 10:46 PM
Starting Member

o believe me i know. i can't count on two hands the times i've been in similar circumstances. most not on the side of a road but they were all potentially deadly.several wereme following too close and speeding and not paying attention to brake lights. or street lights. or stop signs. or other stupid drivers. someone up there must like me so i try and return the favor when i can.

Old 02-18-2008, 11:02 PM

wow... lol, thats quite the list of things to not be watching for

Old 02-18-2008, 11:06 PM
Starting Member

well you don't want to be around if theres an attractive girl in a nearby car. then it's just plain deadly.
never seen a deer on a roadthough... guess they knjow iwould even slow down. well i would if i saw em but thats long odds.

Old 02-19-2008, 01:58 AM
BF Veteran
thegr81 is on a distinguished road

Nice to know your ok and that your blazer isn't wrecked!!! Drifting or sliding sideways in a blazer is fun actually!! The safest way to do this though is if number one your lowered like I was then your not tip happy or have to worry about flipping since your lower to the ground and number two if its in a controllable area!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Lowered my ****! lol, I always do a little drifting when it's on private roads... Okay... A lot

Quick Reply: Blazers are not for drifting