Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

CB Radio...

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2006 | 03:09 PM
|
Beginning Member
cpdavngr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CB Radio...

Anyone have a CB Radio mounted inside their Blazer? If so, where did you mount it? I have a 2001 and I couldn't mount it on the ceiling because of that stupid little electronic compass/temperature guage thingie and I couldn't put it on the base of the center console due to it not fitting underneath the cassette deck (needed for MP3 player). The dashboard seems too "curvy" but I guess it's possible, although it would be obstructing my view. I basically ended up pulling out the center console insert and shoving it in there, securing it to the side with velcro strips. Although this works (and keeps it hidden) it also means that the arm rest has to stay up at all times when it's in use, which is kind of annoying (especially to the passenger). Thanks!

Ralph

Old 08-25-2006 | 07:56 PM
tommyd is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: CB Radio...

How about underneath the dash right above the end of the center console. Maybe even underneath the seat? What year is the blazer?

Old 08-25-2006 | 10:14 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

I mounted mine under the ash tray cause no one smokes in my and if they do they flick ashes out the windows

Old 08-26-2006 | 10:27 AM
Administrator
m00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond reputem00nwater has a reputation beyond repute

In my gf's Jeep it is also under the ashtray, but we've found that because the speaker is down there then, too, it's hard to hear sometimes.

Old 08-26-2006 | 07:59 PM

need to pick up an external speaker. I know I need one for mine

Old 09-06-2006 | 01:56 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

I took my ashtray out and mounted my CB in its place. Its a mini unit from Radio Shack that I have had for 7 years or so now.

Old 09-11-2006 | 01:34 AM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point

How odd.... I was getting ready to post a question asking about a CB Radio, actually it was gonna a lot like what cpdavngr had posted.

I didn't think too many people on here would have used a CB, quite suprised to see so many that use them.

I have been wanting to get one for a long time now, use to talk on them quite a bit, even had a nice base station set up in the house at one time. I sure to do miss it.

Been getting more into 4-wheeling my blazer lately, finally getting some age on it so it won't hurt so bad when it gets scratched up a little. Was thinking that it would be a wise idea to install a CB in it, so that way I could talk to any others in the group who have one, and if an emergency came up where I didn't get cell phone service (service is easily lost around here, even more so while 4-wheelin) I could use it to hopefully get some help. Plus I'm hoping I'll be able to contact some of my old CB radio buddies, I see them out sometimes and they still tell me they talk on them, it'd be nice to get into a good conversation over the air with a few of them again.

With mine I'll probably just mount it under the ashtray, I don't smoke, and don't let anyone smoke in my blazer, so it should be a great spot for it.

I was wondering more what everyone did with antennas? I'll probably just get me a K40 or Wilson magnet mount to use for the time being. Maybe a few years down the road if I still have the blazer I'll be able to stand to drill a couple holes and mount one straight to it.

Old 09-11-2006 | 02:45 AM
1996BZR is an unknown quantity at this point

My CB radio fits in my pocket, can you guess what it is made by? How about Nokia. Best CB in the world, you even get to talk to the people you want to talk to.

Old 09-11-2006 | 11:59 AM

I have to roof magnet ones but the problem with them when 4-wheelin' they get knocked down way to much. atleast in my area. I'm looking to get the stuff to mount it on my tire carrier on the rear. Probably a mirror mount and if the brackets are not big enough I will be getting some U bolts to use instead of the backing plate.

Old 09-11-2006 | 05:15 PM
Bojib is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: ceanern

I have to roof magnet ones but the problem with them when 4-wheelin' they get knocked down way to much. atleast in my area.
That's the one thing I'm concerned with them around here. Lots of tree limbs to reach out and grab them and knock them over. I've even had them get knocked off just coming up the driveway before here at the house.

I don't really know of anywhere else to mount one on mine though. I don't have a tire carrier on the outside. Don't really want to drill holes in the body anywhere. Guess I'll just be stuck with a magnet mount one for a while, and the aggrevation that will come along with it. Scratching the roof up and crap everytime if falls over.

Oh well, at least I'll be having fun 4-wheelin.

Quick Reply: CB Radio...