Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

couple shots from this week

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 06:24 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ZigZaggle
how much did that lift run you i really want one but im starting to realise good ones can cost upwards of 1500
it was a little under 1900. it was that or the BDS one but it was a little bit more money. dont remember how much now.

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
there is one that is kind of long that I normally go on. its in Enola its called tower road. I've been on some trails up in tower city and indian town gap but they aren't that challenging I'm looking for somewhere that will show me how much my truck can handle like rausch creek
My sister was asking if there is anything close to her, but i dont know of anything out that way. shes lookin in her area around poconos.

im curious as well. ive been neglecting everything else, making sure everything is good on the blazer.

Old 06-09-2010, 09:44 AM
greatwhite is on a distinguished road

Awsome photos. Exactly the type of off roading we do when going camping.

Old 06-26-2010, 02:39 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

sounds like you had a great first run with the lift.

how have the other runs gone so far? any more bugs come up?

Originally Posted by skotti

that's an awsome shot of the truck by the way.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:16 PM

Thanks.

When we intially got the blazer, we had to redo everything suspension wise. we used the cheap parts to get it on the road initially now there not holding up...lol. 2 weekends ago, idler arm gave up. last weekend pass side tie rods seem to be going bad. amazon just delivered the moog tie rods. Also earned some more dents. alot of exploring and some really tight overgrown trails. other then that its been real good. i want to get an electric fan for it next, we run alot warmer when were blazin trails at 5mph.

Old 06-26-2010, 04:27 PM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Wow great pics!!

Old 06-26-2010, 06:24 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

Thanks.

When we intially got the blazer, we had to redo everything suspension wise. we used the cheap parts to get it on the road initially now there not holding up...lol. 2 weekends ago, idler arm gave up. last weekend pass side tie rods seem to be going bad. amazon just delivered the moog tie rods. Also earned some more dents. alot of exploring and some really tight overgrown trails. other then that its been real good. i want to get an electric fan for it next, we run alot warmer when were blazin trails at 5mph.
ha you said it about getting hot when wheeling. I should invest inn a fan as well

Old 06-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Cavalier z24 is on a distinguished road

Been trying to get out a couple times this week, to get familiar with the difference of the blazer being lifted. hit some local trails. Did get into a pretty hairy off camber trail, definitly a wake up. feels instantly like it was going to roll. take some time to learn that one. During that time was real close to a tree, and hit a decent size bump to slam the side off tree. not too bad. wing window was open and slammed it closed and broke the handle.

Nice blazer

Old 06-26-2010, 10:26 PM

thanks all. we might go out tomorrow, amazon sent me a 1 bogus outer tie rod, was already loose, no boot, no grease fitting and no nut ..got the bad side done, might be able to squeeze some more abuse on the other side...lol

the temp is usually 180, in the woods instantly 210, and slightly higher at times. then of course it starts getting hot inside...weve tried pulling back window off to get some air flowing through, hell weve run the ac...lol. im close to buying a parts blazer so i can figure out how to cut the top and make it like the k5s..lol

Old 06-27-2010, 12:42 AM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^Just a little tidbit, run the heat when it's hot, it'll pull the hot air from the engine. I had to do that with moms focus when the thermostat got stuck and had to limp to Advance. Windows down, heat on, middle of June. That ride SUCKED, lol.

Never saw a white blazer that I really liked, but that one is nice. Paint those rims black and it would be awesome IIHO.

Old 06-27-2010, 09:07 AM

it hasnt been bad enough to do that yet, just warmer then normal. it probabaly needs to get a new thermostat and rad flush.

The rims were black when we got it. when we got the larger tires ,the tire shop scratched them all up. and it was flaking. we stripped em down, was going to repaint em, wife likes em this silver, since its hers, she wins..lol

you can see where it was flaking and stuff. New wheels are on the list, probably soft 8s

Quick Reply: couple shots from this week