Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

couple shots from this week

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 11:50 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skotti
you should continue the black (to match your bumpers) along the lower doors/rockers in rocker guard.

and i agree with your wife, while i'm not a fan of those wheels period, they definately look better all cleaned up, and they seem to suit your truck.

Old 06-27-2010, 05:05 PM
skotti will become famous soon enough

once we debadge it, and clean up some surface rust on drivers side door, were gonna try the rollable bed liner along the bottom, if we like itll stay if not we have white left from when we did the hood.

really really want new wheels, but, either the 252,000 miles is catching up with us or were really hard on it. front prop shaft/driveshaft disinegrated today.

we go out with a guy who has a wrangler, my daughter was riding with him and my wife and i in the blazer. for some reason my daughter and wife were afraid of this hill and didnt want us to climb it. so we decided we were going to turn around. since my wife is a wuss, i climbed it anyways to prove it wasnt bad, then backed down it. which went right up no problems. this is one trail we havent done there yet, so i went straight to it today, struggled even getting half way, and not sure if the wheel hopped or what, metal cage around the bearings said it had enough...lol

Old 06-27-2010, 08:05 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forgot all about those pics of the wheels when they were painted. Sorry, my memory is shorter than a old mans hair. Half my brain doesn't work and the other half don't work right, lol .

x2 on the cragers! Espically since with your lift you could run some with a little lip to them. But that's more stress on the suspension lower backspace so maybe not the best thought. I just love the bright white/dark black contrast. But yea, if she doesn't like black, the wheels won't be black. Ha ha I respect that. Looks great either way.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:44 PM

lol its all good

if i keep stock rims i have to push em out a lil with spacers. there still tucked under the fenders least an inch or more. also id like to get at least 33s at some point, and not going to do it on stock 7" rims. atleast once we stop breaking stuff...lol

Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by skotti
.......................id like to get at least 33s at some point, and not going to do it on stock 7" rims. atleast once we stop breaking stuff...lol

so i guess you're either not getting any new wheels/rubber, or.................you're gonna park it real soon!

Old 06-27-2010, 09:21 PM
ImScrewed92 is an unknown quantity at this point

^ HA HA, so true!

But really Skotti. I'm wanting to do spacers also, about 0.5 inch in the front and 1 or so in the back. But you know it's better to be lifted and replacing weak parts with stronger parts if your going to be seeing off road drives frequently. Better than fitting larger tires on less lift and hacking up fenders and other problems. Not that I know anything about that...

I also echo old skool, the bedliner on the rockers/doors would look good. Would help with rust prevention and just look tough... If the misses likes. Really though always great to see couples and families in the off roading hobby, even better if it's a blazer. Most people don't like skinny tall tires like 33x10.50. So I figure your thinking 33x12.50's? Any particular brand/model tire you two are looking at? (When you're not online and at the parts stores fixing things...)

Last edited by ImScrewed92; 06-27-2010 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-27-2010, 10:15 PM

LOL!! shed make me sell my car before wed let her baby sit.

yeah want to get 12.5. We have trxus mt now and really like them. i think id go with the same again. so far seem great offroad, and not noisy on road. way its going ill get a winter test of the 31s, to really confirm same brand.

knew wed break stuff, its a given. wasnt really expecting prop shaft to explode. really shocked once i seen what autozone wanted for replacment, $437 unless they take pieces for core...lol. guess im hittin some junkyards for now. search really didnt yeild anything stronger i can do to it.