Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

........crap

Old 06-16-2006, 10:55 PM
Mudvayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ........crap

Thats pretty much what i said only not in those exact words. During this outing I decided to go through what everyone else was passing up. So I think " other trucks here, we got a strap, no problem"

So I go charging my way in and get about halfway. This one flooded the drivers floor area and half of the rear carpet, the little door by the back seat was full of water and the puddle took a friends phone away from her . I will get through it someday, just gotta wait a while for the floors to dry and the smell to go away. stuck again...

Old 06-16-2006, 11:24 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: ........crap

oops.......sometimes our 4wd eyes are larger than our tires....ah well....you had fun right???

Old 06-17-2006, 07:45 PM

I always have fun, I just wish I could go through alot more than ccurrently possible. I ended up seeing some nice lifted blazers today, so I am gunna try and get a lift kit in the future. I would like some 33's at least.

Old 06-18-2006, 12:09 AM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

damn..... I know that 4feet is exactly the the window line on my blazer..... I so cannot wait till I afford to start lifting her.....

hope she gets cleaned real good, and then wait for the water to subside a bit, then have a go again at her..... just don't take the same line again!

Old 06-18-2006, 01:02 AM

My biggest prblem that i have is I actually swamp the engine out quite frequently. I have gone through so many air filters. I have a pic of my airbox full of water up to the filter. So I have to come up with some type of different intake setup. Its tight in the engine bay though. I will come up with something. If any1 has any ideas I am all for it. Just no pics of expensive setups or one with hoels in the fenders. Im not spending or cutting alot

The idea I have now is find some type of intake box that will fit in the same spot, but has the opening facing backwards instead of right behind the headlamp. The from thier I can rout it up near the cowl area.

Old 06-18-2006, 09:46 AM
SniperX13 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just make a snorkel like the Humvee's use, and have it pop out the top of the hood, kind of like a velocity stack

Old 06-18-2006, 12:07 PM
ceanern is an unknown quantity at this point

Was gonna say snorkel too. What type of blazer do you have?

Old 06-18-2006, 03:30 PM
BF Veteran
user 1016 has a spectacular aura aboutuser 1016 has a spectacular aura about

yeah you can get snorkles......then you can go through anything......well as long as ya don't float away....

Old 06-20-2006, 02:50 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

I give you my two trucks as examples.
Notice the mud line down the side of the door. Yep, door seals work. Nothing inside the truck at all.
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com...nr3/117425.jpg

Did yours look something like this?
Notice the door seal?
Notice the mud line on the door? It was just a little deep. Oddly enough my intake, air filter was dry, then again I don't charge into mud holes.[8D]
http://offroadworld.tenmagazines.com...nr3/133224.jpg

Old 07-31-2006, 10:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator
Dory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the roughDory is a jewel in the rough

oh ugh! i guess im a neat freak... i like the "im spotless" look. too much work to clean that all out! hahahah

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ........crap