Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

did a lil muddin'

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 01:05 AM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road
Default did a lil muddin'

this weekend was super wet with a quick thaw of all the snow and it made for some crazy sloppy going on ground normally firm. check it out.

got stuck here for a while could move 3 feet forward then three feet back... did it about 20 times finally got er out of the spot but not out of the rut.

this is why i couldnt just continue backward. a trail littered with boards with nails and tires and rims thrown in it from some idiot.

going the whole length of the rut as fast as i could go trying to get out but continuously getting stopped at the end and unable to turn out.

eventually got out with the help of a sideways pull from londonmazda lol as usual.

Old 03-16-2010, 06:54 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Thats some serious mud!! nice work!

Old 03-16-2010, 08:57 AM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Looks like fun! Three things...
Don't take any stock vehicle into that type of mud without a second vehicle to tug you out.
NEVER turn on your wipers, or roll down your windows with mud on them! It scratches them!
Always pick up random trash while offroading.

PS - you can see dry dirt in the bottom of those ruts... a good thing for you, or you would not of gotten it out without a tug. You were already dragging the frame.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:46 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ
Don't take any stock vehicle into that type of mud without a second vehicle to tug you out.
NEVER turn on your wipers, or roll down your windows with mud on them! It scratches them!

PS - you can see dry dirt in the bottom of those ruts... a good thing for you, or you would not of gotten it out without a tug. You were already dragging the frame.
Agreed, very good tip! I learned that one the hard way one of my first times mudding. I accidently rolled down my window without thinking about it and I heard the scraping and scratching as it went down. I cringed. Luckily it wasn't all that bad, just some minor scratches. Barely noticeable.

Old 03-16-2010, 10:17 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

The Earth called and it wants its mud/dirt back.Looks like you had some fun.

Old 03-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Starting Member

Last edited by DaveC; 03-16-2010 at 01:41 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:13 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by LuvMyTJ

yea my windshield already has a nice stripe on it from the previous owner running the wipers with mud, and i ran out of wiper fluid while here but i couldnt see **** lol so i had to keep em going. and my drivers side window is scratched to hell already and once again i couldnt see anything when i was backing up untill i opened it. and in the future i plan on cleaning out that trail cause i still have never been down it due to all the crap, but it was still quite cold and rainy so i didnt bother on that occasion.

i was extreamly happy with the performance of my BFG's in the mud and very surprised at what i could get myself out of, and im very happy with the effectiveness of the 2.5" shackles and 2" tbar crank made all the difference in this mud, like LuvMyTJ said there was dry gound under the mud and the lift let me get there.

all in all muddin is super fun lol.

Old 03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

But at least he had fun!

Old 03-16-2010, 04:48 PM
LuvMyTJ is on a distinguished road

Mudding is always fun, it's the clean up later, and the intrusion of dirt & water in the axles, transfer case, transmission, etc. that really suck! It grinds stuff up slowly over time. I used to go to an organized event called "The Bog & Grog" locally and it was all mud. It was cool though as is was behind the fire hall, so they hooked up a fire hose to wash down with. Them thangs got some serious pressure! Damn near blew some parts off my old Nissan 720 pick up with it! LOL

Old 03-16-2010, 06:55 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

only thing I'm disappointed about with blazers is the 4 wheel drive is poop... if all 4 of my tires would have power I wouldn't have gotten stuck near as many times as I do. I bet if all your wheels had power you would have made it through. oh well hopefully I'm fixing that problem soon

Quick Reply: did a lil muddin'