Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First off roading in our Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Beginning Member
b4d93r is on a distinguished road
Default First off roading in our Trailblazer

Hi everyone,

Wanted to share the pics of the first trail driving I did in our 2001 Trailblazer. (As far as I know this is the first time it's ever been off road.) These pics were taken from my 2011 Antelope hunt in Wyoming near Muddy Mountain Ranch. Most of the trails weren't to bad and the TB handled them with ease plus the experience I've had from previous off roading adventures in my Ramcharger & Jeep Cherokee (before it was totaled by an idiot whom felt red lights didn't apply to him.)

On a side note, I felt quite comfortable on this particular part of the trail, My fear came from what would my wife do to me if I damaged the TB as it primarily is her car and according to her the nicest one she's ever owned.

I was quite impressed with the performance as I've mostly viewed these (post 1995 and up SUVs) as glorified mini-vans.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:59 PM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

nice pictures

Old 09-29-2011, 07:51 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

That looks like a fun place to ride. Nice pictures!

Old 09-29-2011, 08:38 PM
Mike98Blazer will become famous soon enough

Wow that last pic looks like a pretty steep grade.

Very nice

Old 09-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Beginning Member
b4d93r is on a distinguished road

Thanks guys. I estimated the grade at about 45 D. (both ways) It was up in the Muddy Mountain Ranch area in Wyoming. I was up with a couple of friends for my first Antelope hunt (didn't get one) but it was a fun time. When I came up on that first ridge I stopped because I couldn't see what was on the other side. Once I looked I was like "Oh, you've got to be kidding me!" I wasn't really scared of the trail but the thought of my wife skinning me alive if I trash the blazer scared the life out of me! LOL I will admit I wasn't sure if the blazer could actually do it as honestly I've thought of it as more of an "urban minivan" but I have since receded that belief and was quite impressed at its abilities.

Old 09-29-2011, 11:56 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

Everyone always underestimates the blazers.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:03 AM
BF Guru
xgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura aboutxgiovannix12 has a spectacular aura about

^^ yep my mom dose a lot till i start doing stupid stuff like climb rocks snow banks donuts in parking lots lol one day imma kill my self i agree

Old 09-30-2011, 12:18 PM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Thogert
Everyone always underestimates the blazers.
Your right! I dont know why that is. I get the "I didn't think you'd make it" alot riding on the farm. Mostly from my Dad and Brother.
My brother just bought a little Ford Escape, and I have to say, I was a little impressed with it... for a ford.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:17 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Default .

Yes, looks like a lot of fun man. If I could find some trails in the charlotte area, I'd give it a go, but sadly nothing around here besides uwharrie which is a decent ways away. And I see nothing wrong with an underdog. The blazer is here to impress the doubters lol.

And the only thing I see wrong with the blaze is the ground clearance issue. I wish it was just a tad bit higher off the ground from the factory.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:36 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

glorified minivan or not. ive always found stock s10s to be pretty good compared to any other stock suv out there. kinda looks like youre gonna slide down the mountain

Quick Reply: First off roading in our Trailblazer