Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First off roading in our Trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 11:41 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by tibby
And the only thing I see wrong with the blaze is the ground clearance issue. I wish it was just a tad bit higher off the ground from the factory.
And that is where the ZR2 comes in.

Old 10-01-2011, 07:37 AM
Beginning Member
b4d93r is on a distinguished road

I think when SUVs became more of the vehicle of the "Soccer mom" thats when they started to loose their "off roading" persona. Granted there were a lot of SUVs that were built that were never meant to be taken off road but some still retained their ability like the blazer. Now I will admit I am somewhat questioning the later models though, I'm not sure if they can but thats mostly from all the body styling they have.

The Ford Escapes were based off the old Bronco IIs which I had one years ago and really liked it as well so those don't surprise me as much. As AJBert mentioned the ZR2's have the clearance, my son in law has one and I'll have to compare the clearance of mine with his and see how much difference there is.

LOL Yea, I'll admit I thought I was going to slide down it a couple of times. The incline was pretty steep but I put my off roading skills to work and the Trailblazer did just fine. Of course having new tires helped too! The only thing I wish I had with me was my portable air compressor so I could have lowered the tire pressure some. I really am impressed with this car, I've never really been a Chevy man but this is really changing my outlook on them.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:25 AM
FsTFwRd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
Yes, looks like a lot of fun man. If I could find some trails in the charlotte area, I'd give it a go, but sadly nothing around here besides uwharrie which is a decent ways away. And I see nothing wrong with an underdog. The blazer is here to impress the doubters lol.
Uwharrie is a good place for an ATV or dirtbike, but It's so rocky and steep I doubt a stock blazer could go very far there. I dont know if you've ever been there or not, but its trails have actual human names. The worst one I've seen there is called "Daniel". It was intence, and I was on a Dirtbike.. I live about 20 miles north of Charlotte btw.
There used to be a good spot in Kannapolis to trail ride if you knew the owner of the property. I'd give him a call and tell him I had a few friends I wanted to show the trails to, and all he asked in return is don't make a mess trash wise and trim up any fallen branches I came across. He ended up selling the land and now part of its all built up. Bummer..

Old 11-20-2011, 01:08 AM
Starting Member
hardgraven is on a distinguished road

Nice pics. Bought a 93 blazer 4x4 about a month ago. Spent about 1k getting it to a spot where I dont feel like it's gonna fail on me out on some back road i.e. brakes, shocks, injector spider....and a few other things. Well anyways I finally took it out last night for a quick test run and I was really impressed. Had more than enough torque to pull itself out of a tight spot in 4lo and enough stock clearance to navigate some moderate rocks. All in all i agree with you it was a surprise.