Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First real off road experience in the new Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 11:28 PM
FireInMe17 is on a distinguished road
Default First real off road experience in the new Blazer

Tonight, me and a bunch of friends took the S10 Blazer out on some trails, well not some trails, about 70 miles worth of trails, and I live in central PA, and right now, its snowing. There was about a foot of snow up there in those mountains tonight, and the Blazer did better through it than both of my friends trucks. One a stock height Scottsdale, and the other a jacked up Scottsdale with at least 6 inches of lift.

I didn't put it in 4wd until I needed to, and I made it a lot further than both of them before I started to get some wheel spin. After I did put it in 4wd, it only spun the tires when I wanted it to.

Its a Trailblazer edition Blazer, and the designation really means something. I could go through the snow sooo much easier than either of them could, didn't spin my tires to get going at all, and I could drive so much faster than them too when I was the lead.

Its just awesome! Here are some pics of it today about 3pm when it started to snow again. We came back here later, and there was easily 3 times as much snow, and my Blazer could climb the highest, and was the only one able to park on the hill! I love this truck!

Its a 1989 S10 Blazer 4x4 Fully loaded with the 4.3 and all!

Old 12-07-2010, 08:47 AM
Blazers.B.Kewl is an unknown quantity at this point

Always good to hear how much better a Blazer is! Haha. Nice looking truck too! by the way, whats a scottsdale?

Old 12-07-2010, 08:57 AM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Very nice pics. Now you can post in the Blazers in snow thread.

Old 12-07-2010, 10:28 AM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

where in central PA are you? We could go wheeling sometime

Old 12-07-2010, 10:55 AM
Red 96' will become famous soon enoughRed 96' will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Blazers.B.Kewl
Always good to hear how much better a Blazer is! Haha. Nice looking truck too! by the way, whats a scottsdale?
This, is a Scottsdale...

Old 12-07-2010, 02:50 PM

I live in Bloomsburg, but those pics were taken near Williamsport, out in the gaps between Williamsport, Jersey Shore, and Elimsport. Its an awesome place to go Blaze some trails! If my phone wouldn't have died I would have taken more pics of it later in at least a foot of snow!

Old 12-07-2010, 03:02 PM
altoncustomtech will become famous soon enough

Great to hear its doing good for ya. My first experience owning a Blazer was a '96 LT 4x4 and it was a great truck. Similarly to yours, everyone I went offroading with always got pissed at me cuz that stock height and tire size blazer would almost always surpass their rides. One particular incident had to do with my blazer, a buddies Jeep (with 33's) and a trail that traversed a sandy *** hill. His Jeep couldn't even make it halfway up, while my blazer easily made it up to the top with almost no wheelspin at all in 4HI. I was a firm believer in the trucks after that, they seem to have a nearly magical way of getting in and out of spots it seems they shouldn't be able to.

Old 12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

dude my cabin is like 20 minutes from Jersey Shore. We should defiantly go wheeling sometime

Old 12-07-2010, 06:36 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

those s10s seem to do pretty good in the snow. a few years back i had a stock 83 and a k5 on 38 inch tires and they both had equal front differential clearance due to the s10 having IFS i remember going down alleys with a foot of snow and just walking through

Old 12-31-2010, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Benedict1337
dude my cabin is like 20 minutes from Jersey Shore. We should defiantly go wheeling sometime
Really?! Where? Haha thats awesome! And we should!

Quick Reply: First real off road experience in the new Blazer