Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First real off road experience in the new Blazer

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 03:55 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

I'll be up there late January not sure if I'm bringing the blazer or not I'll let you know for sure

Old 12-31-2010, 04:20 PM
FireInMe17 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by altoncustomtech
Great to hear its doing good for ya. My first experience owning a Blazer was a '96 LT 4x4 and it was a great truck. Similarly to yours, everyone I went offroading with always got pissed at me cuz that stock height and tire size blazer would almost always surpass their rides. One particular incident had to do with my blazer, a buddies Jeep (with 33's) and a trail that traversed a sandy *** hill. His Jeep couldn't even make it halfway up, while my blazer easily made it up to the top with almost no wheelspin at all in 4HI. I was a firm believer in the trucks after that, they seem to have a nearly magical way of getting in and out of spots it seems they shouldn't be able to.
Oh man I know what you mean. My friends trucks just slip and slide all over the place in the snow, and mine stays on a good straight path through just about anything, and it can roll with the punches too. When we got back down to the bottom of the hill the one night, I started to do donuts around my one friend and he got pissed, haha he has to have the best of everything, and he was pissed b/c he knew my Blazer was better than both of the trucks there that night (both Scottsdales)

Originally Posted by abig84
those s10s seem to do pretty good in the snow. a few years back i had a stock 83 and a k5 on 38 inch tires and they both had equal front differential clearance due to the s10 having IFS i remember going down alleys with a foot of snow and just walking through
Yeah, they go through anything no problem, its like they want to be driven through the stuff!

And yeah Benedict1337, just let me know what happens for sure. If I'm not working we'll hook up and go out in the gaps and try some trails!