Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

First time off the pavement

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 12:18 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future
Talking First time off the pavement

Okay, let me point out that this is not the most amazing story but I thought I'd post it anyway because it was my very first time off the roads with my Blazer.

There's alot of sand pits around where I live and alot of sand trails to get to them. My buddy and I decided that playing on the Xbox was getting old and that if he'd pay me for the gas and car wash we'd go offroading.

Get out in the sand behind his sub-division and start tooling around and (it's funny how people on ATV's and dirtbikes really aren't expecting to see you) almost get rear-ended by a guy on a banshee then he starts questioning me about my sound-system... Nothing too special, just a 10" Fusion Tube with built in amp that's easily removed when I need to transport a big load and a Fusion deck. (sounds great though)

After that and lots of funny stares as I'm trying to get over this small hill into another neighbourhood (obviously intended to keep trucks out of the woods), some elderly man comes and begins asking me all pompous and stuck-up like what I was dumping in the back. He threatened to call the cops on me saying I was dumping trash. I told him (as politely as possible when you're aggravated and frustrated from struggling on getting over the hill without bending or bottoming anything out) that he can lick my left nut and that not everyone with a 4x4 goes into the woods to dump old tires.

Get to another area just down the highway and decide I'm going to climb this hill that's pretty much sugar sand... good idea?

I throw it in 4 hi and blast up with no issues to my buddy's surprise (guessing my winter tires helped me a bit here since they have deep lugs like an A/T tire) and got over easily, it was later on that I decided to go up from a different angle (sharp turn before the hill) because I had noticed another trail at the top before going down that I wanted to check out. Dumb-a$$ me decides I'm going to crawl up in 4-low, I get about 3/4 of the way up and all 4 wheels start spinning, before I dug myself in too deep I decided to hit the brakes, and as a testament to capability of these trucks, revved it to about 2000 rpm and dropped the clutch, the truck took off like a scolded cat and threw sand like you've only seen Sport ATV's do and jumped over the top of the hill to my complete and utter amazement. Laughing we checked out the trail and proceeded to race around in a sand pit with some guys on dirtbikes later on in a different area.

Buddy paid for the fill-up and car wash and we went back to his place and popped open a few cold ones in typical Northern Ontario fashion.

Old 05-24-2009, 12:33 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

pics?

Old 05-24-2009, 01:07 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Sisk28
pics?
x2 or in typical forum fashion, it did not happen

Old 05-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Starting Member
carterx is on a distinguished road

Pics or it didn't happen

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 AM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

I have one... and it's on my cell phone, I'll upload it later seeing as I don't have my cable with me at work.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by oktain
I have one... and it's on my cell phone, I'll upload it later seeing as I don't have my cable with me at work.
Good
Stories are great..but I'm more of a visual reader then a reader..lol. I prefer pics. Besides, then you can prove it happened

Old 05-25-2009, 10:02 AM
BF Veteran

It's my Blazer with a couple of trees around, not action shots... sorry

Old 05-26-2009, 06:33 AM
BF Veteran

Here's the only picture we stopped to take.

Attached Thumbnails First time off the pavement-sspx0283.jpg  
Old 05-26-2009, 06:45 AM
BF Veteran

Nice pic even still...Looks like a great spot. You'll have to remember to take more pics next time you go out!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:20 AM
BF Veteran

Ya, this pic is from after my little episode on the sand hill... The only reason we stopped is because we wanted to see if the trail kept going and whether or not it was worth it to take the saw and cut the branches and falen trees out of the way.

Surprised the picture turned out as well as it did seeing it's from my cell.

Quick Reply: First time off the pavement