Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Got in a little mud today

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 09:37 PM
Beginning Member
DFINE160 is on a distinguished road
Default Got in a little mud today

Well I live in a place called Moody, AL. It is a city just East of Birmingham and while we have some decent off roading out here, it is deer season and lots of hunting clubs lease properties where these said spots are so no riding during hunting season. So there is a place here called U-Drift that is a drifting course for cars but off to the side he has incorporated an off road course. He is still working on it and right now it is just some dug out holes with a tad bit of water and mud in them. Some of the holes have some steep faced hills either in the middle or coming into or coming out of them. Any way I took a video of my girlfriend driving b/c she was begging me to let her drive and so being the greatest boyfriend in the entire world I said ok. Anyway she only went into one hole and didn't do much. All in all we had a great time and got my blazer really dirty. Hopefully the video will work and here is a pic of her in the truck. Here is the video.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...roadcourse.flv

Attached Thumbnails Got in a little mud today-mms_resized_pix%5B1%5D.jpg  

Last edited by DFINE160; 12-01-2009 at 09:44 PM.
Old 12-01-2009, 09:58 PM
BF Veteran
wlorton has a spectacular aura aboutwlorton has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dfine160
well i live in a place called moody, al. It is a city just east of birmingham and while we have some decent off roading out here, it is deer season and lots of hunting clubs lease properties where these said spots are so no riding during hunting season. So there is a place here called u-drift that is a drifting course for cars but off to the side he has incorporated an off road course. He is still working on it and right now it is just some dug out holes with a tad bit of water and mud in them. Some of the holes have some steep faced hills either in the middle or coming into or coming out of them. Any way i took a video of my girlfriend driving b/c she was begging me to let her drive and so being the greatest boyfriend in the entire world i said ok. Anyway she only went into one hole and didn't do much. All in all we had a great time and got my blazer really dirty. Hopefully the video will work and here is a pic of her in the truck. Here is the video.
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v6...roadcourse.flv
very nice!~!!!!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Beginning Member

Thanks man. I'm trying to get another video of me driving through one hole with a hump in the middle. When I first got there I tried to just cruise over the top of it but bottomed out on the frame and got stuck. Got off and tried it again in 4wd and ended up braking an outer tie rod end in the video. But 30 minutes later and a trip to advanced auto had me back in business.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Beginning Member

Here is a pic of said hole with hump in it that broke my tie rod end. It was taken with a phone so pic isn't really good.

Attached Thumbnails Got in a little mud today-1201091851%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old 12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
96Blazernut is an unknown quantity at this point

That looks like major fun!!!

Old 12-01-2009, 11:00 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

Damn! i need one of those by me!
Looks awesome! good shot for a camera phone coming out of the puddle

Old 12-02-2009, 07:16 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

Damn!! That looks awesome!! Kick *** ride you got. Nice tires too.

Last edited by Sisk; 12-02-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:16 PM
Beginning Member

Hey thanks. Man those tires are SWEET! I'm installing my front hub lock cable hopefully tomorrow and will be in business for some more offroading. Hahahahaha I can take the visegrips off the actuator cable. Vise grips are working great though. Hoping to get out this weekend and get some more video.