Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Got a little muddy today ;)

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Old Skool Soldier is on a distinguished road

Haha! I didn't even *notice* you didn't have a hood on! LOL

Well, it was an even nicer day out today, snow melted quiet a bit today, so I decided to do round two! My buddy wasn't up for it, so I solo'ed it.

With the mud on the trail (trail is right in town, which is very convinent!) I figured I might have a better chance to try out the 4x, and sure enough, got stuck in 2x, threw 'er in 4x and wasn't a problem I'll throw some pics up tomorrow when I head to school. Thanks for the compliment, Skotti!

I just threw some Nighthawk Platnums in the truck yesterday and with all the mud on it, I couldn't even tell I had headlights on haha, gotta get a roof rack w/ some good ol' KC lights

-OSS

Old 03-31-2011, 09:27 PM

Not sure if anyone can view FB videos, but my friend uploaded the trail video from yesterday. Footage is from the Blazer

-OSS

Login | Facebook

Old 03-31-2011, 09:54 PM
pj5454302 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Old Skool Soldier
Haha! I didn't even *notice* you didn't have a hood on! LOL

Well, it was an even nicer day out today, snow melted quiet a bit today, so I decided to do round two! My buddy wasn't up for it, so I solo'ed it.

With the mud on the trail (trail is right in town, which is very convinent!) I figured I might have a better chance to try out the 4x, and sure enough, got stuck in 2x, threw 'er in 4x and wasn't a problem I'll throw some pics up tomorrow when I head to school. Thanks for the compliment, Skotti!

I just threw some Nighthawk Platnums in the truck yesterday and with all the mud on it, I couldn't even tell I had headlights on haha, gotta get a roof rack w/ some good ol' KC lights

-OSS
It had a hood on when i was wheeling, I just have two hoods. One with a big *** hole in it and my street hood.

Snorkel hood with snorkel on

Street hood

Old 04-03-2011, 05:31 PM

Went out again today, this time with my friends 91 Sierra. Went to the same spot as before, but we kept going insted of turning around. Trail was intense (in my rookie opinion) Mixture of clay and sand in most parts. Trail was wide enough for maybe 1.5 cars. Got to the end of the trail, only to meet boulders blocking the rest of the path! I wasn't too impressed with the thought of having to turn around.

The 91 Sierra guys decided to back up onto a hill, turn around. Sure enough, they got their diff tied up on the top of the hill. After a while, we managed to get it unstuck (used the Blazer + tow ropes). I had to reverse 4x4 for maybe 400M, and reluctantly turned around. I took some pics...the pics are when the Sierra was stuck on the hill :P

http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...10403-1600.jpg
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...10403-1605.jpg
http://i398.photobucket.com/albums/p...10403-1600.jpg

I must say, I'm very impressed with this trucks ability to do these trails. I managed to get through everything, where the Sierra was stuck. Couldn't have asked for a better truck, and it's all stock for now!

-OSS