Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

How often do you go wheelin'?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 AM
95BlazenLT is on a distinguished road
Default How often do you go wheelin'?

So I got this 95 Chevy Blazerand I spent a couple of months this summer getting it in tip-top shape mechanically prepping for off-road modification to be done in the fall. I plan to have the lift and suspension work done before the snow flies here in Michigan and will finish up whatever I couldn't get done in the spring. All this is to make the Blazer a mean daily driver as well as a mild off-road vehicle... I plan to start making trips out to some local spots and some weekend trips to some spots that require a bit of a road trip... I want to get the most fun out of the Blazer...

So, How often do you go wheelin'?
Where do you go?
What do you drive?
What is your wheelin' vehicles capabilities?

Old 09-10-2012, 09:51 AM
duxtoyz is on a distinguished road

i wheel usually all winter long, snow runs and trails usually. during the spring il venture to the trails and during the summer its usually parked. i have an 88 s10 blazer with dana44 axles and 39.5" tires. my capabilities are what ever my rig will let me do. not afraid to try anything.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by duxtoyz
i wheel usually all winter long, snow runs and trails usually. during the spring il venture to the trails and during the summer its usually parked. i have an 88 s10 blazer with dana44 axles and 39.5" tires. my capabilities are what ever my rig will let me do. not afraid to try anything.
Sounds like you got a solid rig there... I am just getting into 4x4in' after several seasons of autocross/car shows with my other car... Just looking to expand my driving enjoyment by branching out... I'm not looking to get to crazy but want to get out in the dirt for sure... After looking at all the great fun that you fine people are having, I feel like I'd be missing out if I didn't mod out the Blazer and hit the trails...

Old 09-10-2012, 11:11 AM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

I honestly do not wheel at all, I have OCD with my jimmy, I could not get myself to take it off road where it could get scrached. Yeah. sounds stupid.

Old 09-10-2012, 11:18 AM
jbw23 is on a distinguished road

I go every weekend in the fall and winter, I take my 97 blazer or my buddies 99 mountaineer (there's a picture in my build thread of both of them) I don't do alot in my blazer cause I don't like breaking things but I see it as a new paint job every winter!

Old 09-10-2012, 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
Thogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura aboutThogert has a spectacular aura about

I don't go often enough. Nobody ever wants to go with me, and that makes me a sad panda. Haha.

My capabilities are limited with my stock height and stock size tires, but the G80 helps. (sometimes) Haha, last time I went wheelin' with my dad (he has a Nissan Titan) I got in a deep rut with my rear tire off the ground. So I hit the gas, waited for the g80 to kick in and voila, I was out, but apparently my dad thought I was gonna roll it. Haha. Good times.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:36 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

I dont go wheeling as much as i would like.. i do go mudding sometimes because thats all thats close and i prefer mudding cuz to me its more fun. And i really cant get through a whole lot with stock suspension. 31's and the G80 helps tho. I have been pushing my truck more and more but i limit myself lol.

I am however going wheeling this week with someone who has an 88 solid axle blazer on 39.5 inch tires.. *cough* Dux *cough*

Old 09-10-2012, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by richphotos
I honestly do not wheel at all, I have OCD with my jimmy, I could not get myself to take it off road where it could get scrached. Yeah. sounds stupid.
Technically if you get enough snow, that can be concidered wheelin'

Old 09-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by jbw23
I go every weekend in the fall and winter, I take my 97 blazer or my buddies 99 mountaineer (there's a picture in my build thread of both of them) I don't do alot in my blazer cause I don't like breaking things but I see it as a new paint job every winter!
What kinda stuff do you think will break on the Blazer? I'm just trying to identify any weak points... Every weekend... Cool...

Old 09-10-2012, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by Thogert
I don't go often enough. Nobody ever wants to go with me, and that makes me a sad panda. Haha.

My capabilities are limited with my stock height and stock size tires, but the G80 helps. (sometimes) Haha, last time I went wheelin' with my dad (he has a Nissan Titan) I got in a deep rut with my rear tire off the ground. So I hit the gas, waited for the g80 to kick in and voila, I was out, but apparently my dad thought I was gonna roll it. Haha. Good times.
While Utah is a bit of a drive, if I ever plan a road trip westward I'll be sure to look you up...

Quick Reply: How often do you go wheelin'?