Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Lift Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 11:31 AM
aced411 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Lift Suggestions

I hope you don't mind I know there are similar questions on these forums but you know everyone's rig is a little different. I wanted to beef up my blazer w/ a lift and bigger tires. I don't want nothing overkill. I have a 2002 Blazer 4-door 4WD LS. A friend of mine recommended getting a 4 inch suspension lift at Les Schwab w/ bigger tires. I'm not even sure if they'd do that. Here's my concerns. I don't want to mess up the frame/suspension and I don't want to be so top heavy that I take a tight corner and roll over. My friend says the downsides are lower gas mileage, slightly inaccurate speedometer and of course the initial cost. I've heard some things on here about scraping, which I definitely don't want to happen. I would highly appreciate your feedback being as most of you know a lot about blazers. Thanks a bunch. I'm kind of new to the whole suspension thing.

Old 06-17-2007, 02:46 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Lift Suggestions

Well if you are looking for 4 inches of lift on the cheap that wont really destroy anything you can do a 2 inch body lift, torsion bar crank, and either shackles or a spring over axle conversion and that will net you about 4inches all around and you should be able to get 33" tires with minimal trimming (though you need to get either new rims or wheel spacers). Oh and dont forget too, new shocks with longer travel are a really good suggestion to allow your suspension room to travel and because the stockers arent always the greatest to begin with this will make the truck ride a little better.

The other option ive seen is the 4" kit from trailmaster but that kit is a little expensive

Old 06-17-2007, 05:49 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

t-bar crank = destruction

lol, I reccomend it, only if it's not a daily driver... Otherwise it'll eat ball-joints pretty good... And pretty much every front end suspension and drive component, except for the diff...

Old 06-17-2007, 06:51 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whoops, heh, kinda forgot about that (*feels reallystupid*).Its true that it does put more stress on the front drivecomponents. Regular inspection and maintenance can make sure that you catch any potential problems early but there still is a risk of some issues down the road.

Sorry if i misled ya there, my bad.

Old 06-21-2007, 09:49 AM

Hey thanks for the suggestions! This would be a daily driver. So it sounds like I can't get away with no trimming. I was hoping to just be able to beef up suspension and height without any major modifications. Hmmmm still thinking about it then.

Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 AM

One more question if you don't mind. Say I don't go w/ the lift kit.....is it possible just to upgrade to ZR2 suspension or equivalent?

Old 06-21-2007, 11:47 AM
Jigg is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately, no. The ZR2 has a completely different frame, CV's, control arms, rear differential, etc...

Old 08-18-2007, 04:13 PM
David_Jennrich is an unknown quantity at this point

i have had my torsion bars cranked for a long time on my k1500 for a long time now with no problems. you can go up 1- 1/2" with out any major changes to your ride(maybe a little stiffer ride but nothing negative). most people need to replace there ball joints anyways and they are just to lazy. ball joints are dirt cheap. alot cheaper to replace them 4 times fold then to buy a 2. inch suspension lift. crank away.

Old 08-19-2007, 05:32 PM
a_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud ofa_tack has much to be proud of

spring over axel conversion and a 2 inch body lift would net 7 inches or rear lift.... the axel is 5 inches thick...

Old 08-19-2007, 05:39 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Now, if only you could lift the front just as easilly! lol

Quick Reply: Lift Suggestions