Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Little Small town Albertian fun!

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2011, 09:32 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy
Ohh i gota ya. I want a locker in my rear diff but not sure which way to go. Auto or manual locker :S
You do realize you have the ALMIGHTY G80 Gov-Loc, don't you?!?

And nice to see someone who isn't really concerned about that pesky front valance. I kept trimming mine each time it cracked until there was nothing left to trim. Keep having fun in the snow, nothing better!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by AJBert
You do realize you have the ALMIGHTY G80 Gov-Loc, don't you?!?

And nice to see someone who isn't really concerned about that pesky front valance. I kept trimming mine each time it cracked until there was nothing left to trim. Keep having fun in the snow, nothing better!
Well its funny because i get hung up alot and only ever get 2 tires spinning 1 front 1 rear. any thing im missing? and its just plastics plus i dont seem to have an issue lol

Old 01-15-2011, 10:36 PM
BF Veteran
Rottidog has a spectacular aura aboutRottidog has a spectacular aura about

Whats the vin code for the G80 again?
mines 1GNCT18WX2K208954 & I know I have the G80

Last edited by Rottidog; 01-15-2011 at 10:40 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:17 AM
01vortec is an unknown quantity at this point

your diff is probably just worn, and not locking anymore. how many miles are on it?

Old 01-16-2011, 09:11 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Blazer_boy
Sorry been a few days since i had a chance to get on. I was in Ontario for traning in Owen Sound with no computer. I dont think any damage was done but who knows the whole undercarrige is packed still i knocked as much off as i could. And id take some of that snow. call me crazy but its my favorite time of year. minus mabey spring
gee, seems a few of us have said that before!

Originally Posted by Rottidog
Whats the vin code for the G80 again?
mines 1GNCT18WX2K208954 & I know I have the G80

there is no VIN code Tom, it's just the RPO code.

too bad you're stuck with th 3.42's though.

Originally Posted by 01vortec
your diff is probably just worn, and not locking anymore. how many miles are on it?
mileage probably isn't the issue. it's more likely to be lack of maintance/impropermaintance or from severe abuse (ie; rapid right handers).

if you're gonna replace a broken one, or simply put in one, look into the aftermarket ones. not much more $$$, but sometimes a stronger design.

Old 01-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Starting Member
Blazer_boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
if you're gonna replace a broken one, or simply put in one, look into the aftermarket ones. not much more $$$, but sometimes a stronger design.
Well Ive done enough research on lockers to decide im going to replace it with something that is electronically locking with LSD for my rear at least. I don't want it to blow apart on me so im still figuring out where. but man would that be helpful in the snow