Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

loved pissing off the guy with the lifted jeep

Old 06-01-2010, 09:21 PM
BF Veteran
AJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the roughAJBert is a jewel in the rough

Your ZR2 is much more capable than a Liberty by far. I think even the Barbie Jeeps are more capable than the Liberty, though I could be mistaken on that.

Old 06-02-2010, 01:31 AM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by oktain
A LIBERTY!? POS wannabe SUV, my friend's dad bought one because he wanted a TJ but his wife wouldn't let him, so he went for the "next best thing" and hates the thing.

well, D'UH!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:45 AM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by oktain
A LIBERTY!? POS wannabe SUV, my friend's dad bought one because he wanted a TJ but his wife wouldn't let him, so he went for the "next best thing" and hates the thing.
Yeah, my brother has a liberty it's a pos little over 50k miles and the transmission is going out he has had to have his catalytic converter replaced twice, list goes on. Hes pissed off that my car is like 6x as old as his and he has more repair bills than I do.

Old 06-21-2010, 11:31 PM
Starting Member
'96-Dirty4x4 is on a distinguished road

That's what happens when people who don't know how to drive talk crap about people who do know how to drive. Not all of going trailing is about the equipment. The operator has to KNOW his/her equipment in order to not get stuck...everyone knows that! ...Well...except the people who think they are all that for spending a ton of money on something they don't know how to use...obviously.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:15 AM
okvortec is on a distinguished road

Those Liberty's aren't necessarliy something to laugh at.. I'm seen some impressive things done in them. But all depends on the driver and the tires. That being said still... Blazers > Jeep

Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Starting Member
HARDTRAILZ is on a distinguished road

I have watched a lifted Liberty do some pretty serious **** and follow all the real "jeeps" around at the Badlands Offroad Park. They are not great, but better than alot of vehicles. I do know I did some things he couldnt do, but a 2010 Rubicon showed me up several times that day. I was still happy knowing I had 1/3 of what he has in mine and I have 100 more HP and better MPG.

Just be careful about which jeeps you laugh at. Anything with selectable lockers can come back to show you up.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:32 AM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Driver makes a huge difference.

Glad you pissed off the Heeper.

I too have seen stock Liberties wheel pretty good. I went to Camp Jeep a few years back with a buddy of mine. There were a few Liberties in the group runs, they made it just fine most of the time. Sure they bounced and scraped bottom most of thw way, but they made it.

My wife drives a Liberty and I drive the Blazer. I can tell you from experience, my Blazer will go places that Liberty cant touch, even with me driving.