Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

My 2 day adventure

Old 07-03-2009, 11:39 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road
Default My 2 day adventure

Well...here it goes...

On a local forum, there was a post of someone stuck. Being the nice person I am, I offer to help. A Jeep Comanche is stuck in about 2' of mud and water on a ledge. I get there, and get stuck just as Im about to get him out. I slid into ruts I was trying to avoid.
So a 4 runner shows up with 30" BFG M/t's. He is usless... so my buddy shows up with an 94 toyota p/u with 4 " lift and 31" bfg m/t's. He gets me out, and then I get the jeep out.
In the mean time it started to rain...turning the whole trail into pure muck....
When I went in 2wd was fine...4 low gave me troubles leaving.
The 4runner got stuck just before where the jeep was stuck. and I got out with the toy p/u. We went to get gas with the p/u and when we got back the jeep was 100' for the entrance. So I pulled him the rest of the way, and went back in with the p/u. The 4runner was stuck to the point we left it, then the p/u got stuck too far to pull out. So we left them for the night...
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...2&id=510309295

Day 2:

I got another good lad from another local board to come help out with his land cruzer... That truck is one mean beast. 800WTQ BABY!! Pulled the p/u out with a few good tugs, the went in for the 4 runner. Winched him out then almost got stuck leaving. The ruts are now at least 18" to get into this trail. Once out the 4 runner tried it and got stuck 180' in. So we winched him out and we all went home.
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/al...1&id=510309295

Fun couple of days...

My photos I put to open to everyone, if you have troubles opening them my email is [email protected]. Add me if you want.

Old 07-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like fun!

Old 07-04-2009, 09:24 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

That's a whole lotta stuck. Did someone lose a brush guard?

Old 07-04-2009, 08:54 PM
Logan is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer View Post
That's a whole lotta stuck. Did someone lose a brush guard?

The Jeep had no tow hooks, so I ripped it off to get at the holes in the frame.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:49 PM
Shotgunn99 is on a distinguished road

yikes, sucks for the jeeps but looks like a blast, nice trucks btw