Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

My adventure

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Starting Member
Brianator99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default My adventure

Alright so I have an off roading story for you guys. I was at a buddy’s house Thursday and he has a field that’s about 100 acres and this year it was soybeans. We took the quads out and played around a bit and in the back field last year a drain tile collapsed creating a 12 foot sinkhole. Well the county repaired the hole last winter but left the soil about a foot and a half below grade. Well Thursday it was like 22*F and the hole was full of mud and once you broke the ice the quad would go though it like it was nothing. Well we had this great plan to do the same with our vehicles. I'm glad he didn’t with his 2004 Dodge 3/4 Cummins because now I know we would have been screwed.
So Saturday night I go back to his field with the girlfriend and my brother because I wanted to test it before we put his big *** truck in it. My first mistake was doing this with my brother spotting and my second mistake was doing this at dark with below freezing temps. So I start to crawl into the hole and all it good. My front bumper barely clears and I start going across it and then I started sinking, go figure. Well at that point I was not happy I don't have front lockers or mud terrains. So yeah not moving. Who was I going to call, I know like 20 people within reasonable distance with lifted vehicles and I wasn’t going to call my buddy because he was going to have to show me up and then no one would be able to get him out.
So I call a friend with a Cherokee with a 6 " lift, lockers, and 33"s. He said he would be there in 10 minutes so I start the 1/2 mile walk to the road to flag him down. He gets there and it took some hard tugs to pull me out. Alright I’m out now and all is good. I thank him and he has this idea of wanting to try it now.... Yeah... So he goes for it and guns it and sinks farther down than me. So I yank on him and the frozen ground wasn’t helping much but after ten minutes or so I got him out. I felt like a jackass not being able to get through that till a Jeep that is set up went like a foot further.
Yeah guys no pics. I’ll take a picture of the sinkhole next time I'm out there whenever it will be. I just thought it was a funny story and I should share.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:55 AM
Starting Member

No one wants to read my adventure? Fine then

Old 12-09-2009, 11:27 AM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

lmfao... Nobody likes to read. We just want pictures. lol

Old 12-09-2009, 01:01 PM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

I read it. Sounds like about the same thing everyone tries. i'm glad johnny cherokee was only able to plow through another 12" though. thats pretty funny

Sounds like sink hole: 2
you guys : 0

butter go back in the day time with 2 buddies, a cemra, and go like hell until someone punches through ...

Old 12-09-2009, 05:21 PM
BusaJoe is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by nj4x4blaze
lmfao... Nobody likes to read. We just want pictures. lol

yeah x2

Old 12-09-2009, 08:03 PM
Starting Member

ha Im sure I can take a picture of the hole but im not trying it again.