Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

New maxxis mud terrains and black saw blade rims

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 05:40 PM
97OregonBlazer is on a distinguished road
Default New maxxis mud terrains and black saw blade rims

Just got my new 30'' maxxis bighorns put on, i was originally going to buy some Cragar Soft 8's, and the shop that put my tires on said they could order some for $60.00 a rim, ended up finding out they dont make any rim that fits any tires i wanted for my blazer from what they told me, so i would have had to special order the cragars which were black and 60.00 a rim, now because it's special order they said it was $192.00 a rim, and they were chrome... not black... so i said eff it and kept my sawblade blazer rims and painted them black, i honestly think after painting these that this was the best idea ever. they look sweet and i recommend it. here is the before and after pics of my 97 blazer.

and now heres the rims, but black and on 30'' maxxis big horns

honestly if you want to save money and you happen to have these rims, just paint them. they look pretty awesome. and alot of people have commented on them saying how much better they look now. i actually got this idea when i found out another person here on blazer forums did this

Old 07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
Starting Member
btmbass is on a distinguished road

Those look pretty awesome

Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 AM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Ooo!!! I've been looking for pics like this for ever! I have custom rims on now but I have snow tires on my saw blade stock rims and have always wanted to paint them black but didn't know what it would look like. THAT LOOKS AWESOME! lol

Old 07-26-2011, 04:12 AM

yess! they are sweet. gotta wait a few days for the paint to cure but its worth it. i was gonna put the caps back on to cover the lugs but said screw it. they look great to me with them off. i can try to get pics of them with the caps to show you difference but either way im sure they look good.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:41 AM
Starting Member
darknight is on a distinguished road

What kind of black paint is dat and where can i find it?

Old 07-26-2011, 03:08 PM

just black spray paint, im not sure exactly what the brand was or anything but i can sure figure that out, i painted them at my dads shop

Old 07-26-2011, 03:28 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Sense my truck is red I was thinking of painting the rims and caps black, but paint the bow tie on the caps red with my matching touch up paint. I think that would look sick. I'll photo shop it first tho to see.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

i honestly was going to try that with the red bowtie on the caps, but i realized that the red wouldnt look that great with a two toned black/brown blazer :/ im sure i could do white or brown not sure but ill mess around with it, and for sure the red bowtie on the caps would look sweet with your red blazer. i would definitely do it

Old 07-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Mighty Mouse is on a distinguished road

Looks good. Did you paint the caps too or leave them silver?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:48 PM
Starting Member
darknight is on a distinguished road

Damn dude dats what I pland on doing... Let's do it then.... I'm also gonna paint da lip red... Dat way I can still stand out a bit... I just need to know what shade of black dat is... Because I'm going for dat glossy black look as well..... I'm trying to get it done by da 5 because I'm getting ready to get new tires

Last edited by darknight; 07-26-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: adf on

Quick Reply: New maxxis mud terrains and black saw blade rims