Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Off Road essentials, What do i need

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2015, 07:43 PM
Coleman Mason is on a distinguished road
Default Off Road essentials, What do i need

I am new to the blazer i am 16 and i love it but i wanted to know what your guys have for advice on additions for parts or modifications.

Old 12-24-2015, 04:40 PM
Kylecook is on a distinguished road

Watch this video
then the 2014 cheap truck challenge. Might give you a few good ideas. And they are fun to watch.

Old 12-25-2015, 02:23 PM
Coleman Mason is on a distinguished road

Thank you for that post had annyone converted to solid front axle and has pictures cost time that kinda stuff I would like to see

Old 02-19-2016, 01:36 AM
Starting Member
bigcountry87 is on a distinguished road

As for what i carry on hand when off road it depends on where i am going and am i in snow mud etc... For a good basics list I always try to carry at least some basic tools jack jack stand tire iron come along tow straps a exta 5 gallon gas can and a small shovel/pick. I can take care of most basic situations that come up with that..

Old 02-24-2016, 01:16 PM
BF Veteran
abig84 will become famous soon enoughabig84 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Coleman Mason
Thank you for that post had annyone converted to solid front axle and has pictures cost time that kinda stuff I would like to see
theres so many variables on doing that swap. i did mine on a 93 for around 1300 bucks said and done, but i had most the crap laying around, axles, springs, tires, etc

Old 01-31-2017, 09:22 PM
Beginning Member
zukimoo is on a distinguished road

tons of people will tell you not to wheel alone...now this is so true at first but once you got some experience then you can CAREFULLY explore. If you play in deep mud then never alone and snow is also a group sport.

You'll need a tool box with basic tools, zip ties, duct tape, hose clamps and misc things. Fluids, water, extra gas.

Basic offroad list: Attachement points front and back, tow strap, tree strap, shovel, Highlift jack, bunt rope, misc recovery gear (clevis, gloves)

I've been wheeling for over 20 years and I have always relied on my highlift for a lot of stuff. It can get you out of a hole as a jack and it can also be used as a winch with the right gear.

ALWAYS bring water to drink and it's smart to bring water tablets just in case you are stuck, cliff bars or granola bars will keep for a long time so throw them in, blankets/change of clothes.

Remember that you need to make sure to tell someone where you are going and when you will be back and then check in with them when you are out. It's not as bad these days because we got cell phones but walking out is no fun when you are 10 miles in.

Old 09-05-2017, 12:24 AM
BBen is on a distinguished road

Pretty good read! Loads of pros giving out good information on this forum!