Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today

Old 06-08-2010, 02:20 AM
4x4blazerguy is on a distinguished road
Smile Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today

These pictures are in a very remote area of Nevada, California border area. A friend of mine had to walk out last night. He walked 12 miles to a campground it took him all night 12 hours. To reach the area of these photos, it takes about 2-3 hours in 4x4s to travel 12 miles. We are at 9000 ft elevation.

Attached Thumbnails Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today-kevin-his-stuck-fj.jpg   Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today-blazer-%40-work.jpg   Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today-looking-towards-sonora-peak.jpg   Our Blazer recovered an FJ Toyota today-muddy-blazer.jpg  
Old 06-08-2010, 02:28 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer will become famous soon enough

The perils of off roading alone! Nice location though. Bet he had fun before . . . LOL

Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 AM

Yea, I agree. At least he & his wife were prepared. They had plenty of food, water, & warm clothes & gear. On our way out tonight we has a black bear run right in front of us. How they walked out of there at night is unbelievable. The road in is real steep & real rocky in many areas. My Wife & I grew up with this area as our back yard. We know this country very well. I would of never gone in there alone. I can remember going into this area 25 years ago with 4 - 4x4s & everyone one of us ended up stuck at some point. We traded off pulling each other out. We always left a vehicle back so we would be assured to not have to walk out.

Old 06-08-2010, 07:33 AM
jdespain is on a distinguished road

That sucks that they had to walk that far for help. Must have been fun before getting hung up. Looks like someone was settling into a lawn chair with the cooler beside them to enjoy what they thought was going to be a good show (background of first pic).

Old 06-08-2010, 02:55 PM
84BlazerS10 is on a distinguished road

Looks like someone was having a bit too much fun...

Old 06-08-2010, 11:28 PM

Yea, I think the wife was taking it easy & resting. They both got pretty muddy. The reason 3 wheels are up is because they jacked & threw rocks & brush under them. They just couldn't get a bottom to jack up that back left side. The more they threw in the more the mud sucked it up. They both are experienced off road people. The husband is a consultant for oil & geothermal companies. So he spends a lot of time in the wilderness. They had fun. Even enjoyed the walk out as much as a person can. They were beat though. These people are in their late 50s.