Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

play time (very very pic heavy)

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2009, 09:00 AM
papacope is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like a pretty sweet spot to go wheelin. I wish there were places like that around the **** hole town that I live in. lol

Old 12-14-2009, 09:07 AM
bigdaddykane93 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by DaveC
i measured the stock shackle which is 4" between the center of the bolts and u lift your truck half of the distance you increase between the bolts. so for me i wanted a 2" lift so i made my new shackle 8" between the bolts i added 4" but am only lifting the truck 2"
just curious, also how did you figure out how wide the spread apart is between the 2 sides before you welded the 2 sides together? and what thickness metal did you use? and would you happen to have a picture of the truck now with the lift in it? thanks so much

Old 12-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Starting Member
DaveC is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by bigdaddykane93
just curious, also how did you figure out how wide the spread apart is between the 2 sides before you welded the 2 sides together? and what thickness metal did you use? and would you happen to have a picture of the truck now with the lift in it? thanks so much
i measured the stock shackle to determine width and the shackle on my truck and my buddys 96 were 3" inside width so thats what i used. as for thickness i used 1/4" X 1.5" flat bar for the sides and 1"X3" 1/4" thick tube for the center which i welded off center towards the spring to ensure frame clearance

now as for pictures i wish i could be you see the damn bushings refuse to let go of my bolts so its still all stock which makes me real angry but i need to go out and find some bushings APC wants $45 bucks for 2 and i need 4.... and i dont have the cash to spend 100bucks on bushings when i only spent 10 bucks on materials to make the shackles

Old 12-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Starting Member

heres a lil vid of me going up a hill, the camera does not do it justice its alot steeper then it looks. I suggest full screening it for the full effect lol. and sorry in advance for the delay i had to set the camera up drive up the hill then run back down to turn it off lol i was alone.

Last edited by DaveC; 12-14-2009 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 05:29 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

LMAO you can actually hear you running down the hill to the cam lol..priceless

Old 12-14-2009, 05:33 PM
Banned
MuddBunny84 is on a distinguished road

why not try mounting it IN the truck..get one of those sticky pads(or velcro) like i have..and stick it up aginst the window so it doesn't move around lol :P i plan on (some how) having a cam attached to my roof and possibly hood for this summer when i plan on playing in pleeeeeenty of mud lol

Old 12-14-2009, 10:37 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

funny vid Dave. you're right, i couldn't believe you actually spun a little near the top of that-it sure didn't look like you would have had any wheel spin.

Old 12-15-2009, 01:09 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by old skool luvr
funny vid Dave. you're right, i couldn't believe you actually spun a little near the top of that-it sure didn't look like you would have had any wheel spin.
yea i had to sit the camera on the gound which was unlevel but it made the hill look less steep. it scares the crap out of people when they have never been up it yet when i take them up lol they dont think i will make it, its even funnier on the way down lol.

Old 12-15-2009, 06:28 PM
Beginning Member
king22 is on a distinguished road

looks like fun. im from windsor. if you're ever in town pm me and i will take u to a place called morton terminal. its pretty sweet.

Old 12-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Dabber is an unknown quantity at this point

Only thing with driving that far is your way out there and with mine being a DD and only vehicle if it breaks down or i wreck its a long tow if can't be fixed immediately

Quick Reply: play time (very very pic heavy)