Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

rock crawling

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 12:09 PM
Starting Member
greenjimmy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default rock crawling

hey guyz, how many of yall with mostly stock or 2" lift trucks hit the rocks? and if you have any pic, can you post them. i love rock crawling with my truck(i don't do anything to major). she does preety well on them but doesn't have the best turning raduis for some things.

Old 12-29-2008, 03:41 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: rock crawling

No many rocks in NC[&o]

Old 12-29-2008, 03:58 PM
Starting Member

there are some good ones down here in alabama. i just really wanted to something else than mudding. mudding is great and all, but my jimmy is to good at that. anywayz, i've been dying to get on this forum since i've got my truck so i talk to people that have a passion for blazers and jimmys. off topic, but where did you get that brush guard?

Old 12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Hunter Truck Accessories.

posted some info here.

Old 12-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Starting Member

hey wolfpack, thanks. that sure as hell beats westin price. i have another guestion for(sorry, i just love the look of your truck and kinda want something like it.) since you have all that stuff that i want to do to my truck, how much money did you put into it and was it worth it? here is mine right now

Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM
willjones is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't know why you like Wolfpacks blazer, that thing is so gay. That is a sweet pic BTW.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:34 PM
Starting Member

i like because of the explorer look he has. but i wanna go bigger. 32 on 16s with that hunters brush guard, some 6inch off road lights, and a zr2 tire rack. after that, it think a vortec lq9 bore and stroke to 409 will be the perfect truck. right now, she has 31 with no lift and no rubbing with stock 3.42 gears. i lost about 1 mileper the gallon around town and on the high way. oh, and she will still spank a stang to 60 and will pull my dads silverado 4x4(with a car trailor)without any problems.sry, i like to talk alot about my truck b/c everyone under rates it. yours doesn't look to bad, but i have a thing for 4drs.

this is getting onto the rock.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:39 PM

Thats the thing about 2dr vs 4dr everyone likes what they like. I had always wanted a 2dr since high school. I agree that too many people underestimate what these turcks can do. I know that I have pushed mine many times and I am yet to have any real issues getting through.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:54 PM
Starting Member

yeah, same here. hey, can i ask you somethin. this has been bugging me since i got my truck. when i got it, it came with 235/70r15 but their was so much room in the fender. and there is no lift, i've checked to see if the tb were cranked and if it had an aal or if it had a body lift. she also sat higher than otherblazers and jimmys.before i got onto the forum(as a member) everyone said i needed 2inchs to clear 31. so, i concluded that this was a special production or gm just see fit to put larger tires so that the blazers and jimmys can compet with other suv. do you know if gm did any special production tun or anything of that nature?

Old 12-29-2008, 08:49 PM

ZR2 blazers came stock with roughly 3" of lift and 31s stock. Yours is not a zr2 as they did not come in a 4 dr. But there are a few guys on here that have 31s with no lift. They just have a little rubbing when offroading.

Quick Reply: rock crawling