Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Rockefeller Mansion off Roading

Old 05-23-2011, 07:15 PM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road
Default Rockefeller Mansion off Roading

So about a week ago, my buddy and I decided to go drive around in the woods off of 690 in Vass, NC. Well we came upon this house in the middle of the woods, and all around it was just house after house and stable after horse stable. Come to find out, it's property that was owned by the Rockefeller's back in the day. It's all abandoned, and there are a lot of nice trails.

Here are some pics of some of what came to be. We found a bunch of spots with that extremely nasty muddy water. Well needless to say my truck looks like it was painted with mud.

Oh, and I followed the How to on how to do a Manual pull Posi Lock, works great!!!

The First little puddle

The Aftermath of the Mud Bath

Old 05-23-2011, 07:24 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

looks like a good time.....any pics of the buildings and grounds? just curios ....sounds like a great day trip

Old 05-23-2011, 08:21 PM

Yeah, I've got a ton of pics of the property and mansions...I mean, there is only 10,500 Acres of stuff to drive around lol. I'll get some up later on.

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
looks like a good time.....any pics of the buildings and grounds? just curios ....sounds like a great day trip

Old 05-23-2011, 08:29 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
.........only 10,500 Acres of stuff to drive around.........
naaaaawwwww....thats dinky

Old 05-23-2011, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by warthogdriver
naaaaawwwww....thats dinky
haha, yeah I don't think thats enough..But we were out for a good 3 hours finding new places..When I get my tires next week, There are some trails I've got to go back and conquer lol.

There are a good 30 40 buildings out on the Rockefeller property, it's pretty bad ***. When I get home I'll get some pics up.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:35 PM

This is just one of the many, many houses!! It's one of the smaller ones actually..The biggest one burnt down in 09, it had 15 bedrooms, 15 bathrooms, and an indoor pool. i'm still trying to drive around and find it because you can still see all the fireplaces standing up, and of course the indoor pool

Old 05-23-2011, 08:55 PM
TheRandom1 has a spectacular aura aboutTheRandom1 has a spectacular aura about

That "smaller" building is like... twice the size of my parents house. Awesome find! Sure looks like you had some fun, any more mudding pics?

Old 05-23-2011, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by TheRandom1
That "smaller" building is like... twice the size of my parents house. Awesome find! Sure looks like you had some fun, any more mudding pics?
Yeah, the entire grounds are just amazing if you think about what they had. i mean what do you need 10,500 acres for? All the land is owned by Fort Bragg now, so you got to be a little careful.

I'm uploading the pics of some of the other buildings now, so i'll post them up. I'll be getting more pics of me off roading next week, I'll be getting my tires. There were some spots that I didn't want to chance yet.

Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 PM

Here are some pics of some of the houses and stables around the grounds that I found so far..We still have a lot of searching to do. Enjoy guys

This is one of the stables.

My buddy at one of the Bigger Stables we found out of nowhere

Same Stable

Entrance to the one House

The Living room..and this is just part of it, I couldn't find a place to get a picture of the whole thing

3rd Floor Sun room thing..

This is one of the kitchens..Notice the commercial Mixer

Very Old Oil Furnace

One of the bathrooms..I counted I think 9 bathrooms

View from the 3rd floor

I will conquer this next week lol

2nd story Balcony

3rd story Balcony

Old 05-23-2011, 11:45 PM
BF Veteran
DKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the roughDKSDAD is a jewel in the rough

Get off my property!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rockefeller Mansion off Roading