Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Rockefeller Mansion off Roading

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 10:24 AM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Dhg1147
You might find this interesting.

Army urged to preserve Rockefeller retreat
That is an awesome article, thanks for that. I could tell when I was back there that the Military did their training there. I would just hate to see all the beautiful houses and buildings get trashed by the Army.

It's a very awesome place to be, you would just never know it was back there unless you drove up on it by accident like I did.

Old 06-16-2011, 03:49 PM
Starting Member
2513fj is on a distinguished road

Hey that's cool, thanks for the pics

Old 06-17-2011, 12:24 AM
Beginning Member
Talon is on a distinguished road

i use to go out there all the time like a year ago when i was still in the army that water crossing your wanting to go threw can get really deep at times it would come to my door seals on my jeep that had a 4inch lift and 33 wouldnt try it enless its been really dry with a stock blazer and its only a build up road threw a small pond so if you fall off the road your blazer is done lol if you go out to deer pen there are some similar places like that with houses just turn right at nursey road from the high way and there is a sign to the right that says deer pen its in the middle of a left and curve

Old 06-17-2011, 07:51 PM
ChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enoughChevyBlazerChick will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
Haha, it's all good...I was just curious to see who else is out here in NC
Yup, been in North Cackalacky all my life... lo

Fuel pump went out on me in Fayetteville... that sucked!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:27 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Cool Nice

That does look cool man. You must go all over. I know in another thread you went to Uwharrie lol. You find some cool trails and places to go.

I would go there like everyone else, but I live so far away from there. I live near Winston about 30 minutes from greensboro so yea.

Old 06-19-2011, 11:47 PM
sam.myers1985 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by tibby
That does look cool man. You must go all over. I know in another thread you went to Uwharrie lol. You find some cool trails and places to go.

I would go there like everyone else, but I live so far away from there. I live near Winston about 30 minutes from greensboro so yea.
Yeah man, I try to take the Blazer to as many places as I can, I mean hell, it's what they are made for!! I'm actually looking at trading my 4 door LT in for a really nice 2002 Black ZR2!! Trying to step it up a notch lol

Uwharrie was fun, while it lasted. My wheal bearing will be here tomorrow, bought it from Detroit Axles for $40!. I'll be installing that as soon as I get it, then swapping my spare (Just putting it up on the front considering I blew a tire on the trails of Uwharrie). I bought trail passes up till Tuesday, so i'll have plenty of time to get those pics up of Uwharrie.

Me and a couple of my buddies are planning a night trip to the Rockefellas, kind of like ghost hunting. If everyone lived a little closer, I'd try to get people to meet up.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:57 PM
tibby has a spectacular aura abouttibby has a spectacular aura about
Talking .

Originally Posted by sam.myers1985
Yeah man, I try to take the Blazer to as many places as I can, I mean hell, it's what they are made for!! I'm actually looking at trading my 4 door LT in for a really nice 2002 Black ZR2!! Trying to step it up a notch lol

Uwharrie was fun, while it lasted. My wheal bearing will be here tomorrow, bought it from Detroit Axles for $40!. I'll be installing that as soon as I get it, then swapping my spare (Just putting it up on the front considering I blew a tire on the trails of Uwharrie). I bought trail passes up till Tuesday, so i'll have plenty of time to get those pics up of Uwharrie.

Me and a couple of my buddies are planning a night trip to the Rockefellas, kind of like ghost hunting. If everyone lived a little closer, I'd try to get people to meet up.
Nice man, sounds good. ZR2's are really nice but I have to have four doors lol. It is much easier on everybody that rides with me.

And I've never been up to Uwharrie so I'll be looking at your pics when you post 'em up.

Hopefully somebody will hit you up about that ghost hunting trip. I bet that place is ultra scary at night haha.

Old 06-22-2011, 08:28 AM
BF Veteran
CraigSnedeker will become famous soon enoughCraigSnedeker will become famous soon enough

Wow, crazy place.

Old 06-22-2011, 11:09 AM
matt92 is on a distinguished road

thats the kinds of finds i absolutely love! abandoned buildings and woods!!!!

Old 06-24-2011, 04:04 AM
Beginning Member
DoggyB22 is on a distinguished road

Looks like a sweet spot! I love to have a lil paintball tournament there.....

Quick Reply: Rockefeller Mansion off Roading