Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Snorkel? Any one have one?

Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 AM
Starting Member
97Beater4WD is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Snorkel? Any one have one?

I was thinking of making my own kit but if they make a kit for a REASONABLE price I my go that route... Anyone?

Last edited by 97Beater4WD; 02-21-2012 at 10:15 AM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:29 AM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

It's tough to do DIY without it looking cheap. But some have done it. Definitely functional, just not as clean as the one you pictured.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:59 AM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer View Post
It's tough to do DIY without it looking cheap. But some have done it. Definitely functional, just not as clean as the one you pictured.
Was thinking about retro fitting a kit like the one I uploaded

Old 02-21-2012, 12:02 PM
BF Veteran
TripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond reputeTripleBlackBlazer has a reputation beyond repute

As long as the angle up the A pillar is the same as the Blazer and the length from the hole in the fender to the first bend in the snorkel is the same - I don't see a problem.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:03 PM
97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough97cherryblazer will become famous soon enough

Mudwagon01 made one for his blazer. heres a link to his album: LINK

If you make one, I would recommend taking it out the top of the hood so you can have two separate hoods, one for offroading that has the snorkel and one that you use for street use. Just go to a junk yard and grab one. You could also do the same thing for with the body panel, but thats a little harder to swap, but still not to bad.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:12 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by 97cherryblazer View Post
Mudwagon01 made one for his blazer. heres a link to his album: LINK

If you make one, I would recommend taking it out the top of the hood so you can have two separate hoods, one for offroading that has the snorkel and one that you use for street use. Just go to a junk yard and grab one. You could also do the same thing for with the body panel, but thats a little harder to swap, but still not to bad.
That's not bad but the angle and filter look pretty out of place...

As for the hood...Nah... gunna go out the side the fender with a safari piece that sits firm (with bolts) against the side...I also have a plastic welder so if I have to cut and fab I can do that too..

If I tackle it, a HOW TO will be done

Old 02-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Jamaroon will become famous soon enoughJamaroon will become famous soon enough

A guy on the ZR2 site used a SS105HF snorkel on his Blazer. The plastic actual snorkel works but from the fender to the air box he had to figure it out on his own.

Old 02-21-2012, 12:22 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by Jamaroon View Post
A guy on the ZR2 site used a SS105HF snorkel on his Blazer. The plastic actual snorkel works but from the fender to the air box he had to figure it out on his own.
Wouldn't have a link would you?

Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 PM
Starting Member

Originally Posted by TripleBlackBlazer View Post
I meant for the guy with the zr2

But that will be good to have as well

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snorkel? Any one have one?

Advertising
Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.