Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

Suspension lift

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 12:48 PM
sportking is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Suspension lift

Would anybody like to tell me where they got there lifts from...i want a 3 or 4" lift for my 98 4dr blazer, i cant find one anywere for under 1300 dollars and its getting on my nerves. plz help

Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM
RCars2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Suspension lift

Ah, welcome to the world of lifting on the cheap. Ok, about the only option you got here is the following, but as I've warned countless people this can cause premature front end wear, so here we go.

To start with get a body lift. 2 inches right there, fairly easy to do, no front end wear,and it costs under $300. Next, and this is where you can get wear on the front end if you dont grease things,tighten your torsion bar adjustment bolts about 5 full turns for about 1.5" or so of lift in the front. For the rear get an add-a-leaf kit or buy or build some shackles for cheap. If ya do it right you should be well under $500.

For more details on what is involved use the search feature on the forum or shoot myself or Jigg a PM.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:57 PM
sportking is an unknown quantity at this point

so theres no way to find a suspension kit because to me that would be a whole lot easier. if not how long do you think it would take to do all that stuff?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:37 PM
Blazer Forum 2009 Ride of the Year Winner
nj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura aboutnj4x4blaze has a spectacular aura about

Well you other alternative is the superlifts 2" lift kit, but to me thats a waste of $$ and you can just do what Rcars2 said. But if you really want a suspension lift check out summit racing, synergy offroad, superlifts.com and so on. You can always do a body lift too which is easy.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:47 AM
Starting Member
Rp9110 is an unknown quantity at this point

I originally wanted a Zr2 blazer, but just ended up getting a 2 door blazer with 4wd. I've also been looking at lift kits, was about ready to go buy a body lift. But i'd rather go with a suspension lift, even though they are much more expensive. But im also interested in cranking the torsion bar(s) if that doesn't do any harm to your truck?

Old 11-20-2007, 08:52 AM
felonyblazer96 is an unknown quantity at this point

[/align]i belive cranking the torsion bar more than 2 inches puts wear on the front end but dont quote me. i asked a similar question when i first registered in the forum

Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 AM
BF Veteran
blazinloud is an unknown quantity at this point

ya, we need a sticky for lifts!!!!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 AM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

cranking the tbars is a suspension lift. its just apretty way of cranking the tbars and new springs in the rear. they both cause suspension wear. i would go with the body lift

Old 11-20-2007, 05:37 PM
blazerboy124 is an unknown quantity at this point

i know this is going to sound like a newbie question, but where are the bolts to crank my torsion bar? 97 blazer 4 door 4wheel drive

Old 11-20-2007, 05:47 PM
Starting Member
YepIOwnA97Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: blazerboy124

i know this is going to sound like a newbie question, but where are the bolts to crank my torsion bar? 97 blazer 4 door 4wheel drive
http://www.zr2usa.com/mboard/index.p...st&p=54252

its the same for all 4x4 s10's

Quick Reply: Suspension lift