Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

will 32" BFG's AT fit on my 2" t-bar lift?

Old 04-11-2009, 01:16 AM
Beginning Member
1987 BlAzEr K-5 is on a distinguished road
Default will 32" BFG's AT fit on my 2" t-bar lift?

Hey, i'm new to blazerforum, just wanted to know if my all-terrains would fit on my 2000 blazer, its a 4x4, four door. the BFG's are 32"... any suggestions would be great!

Old 04-11-2009, 02:45 AM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

It would be a little tough to fit. You say that you have a 2inch t-bar but what about the back do you have lift shackles? You would most likely have to get a body lift in order to get them to fit also depends on what rim your going to run them on and how wide they are. stock rim will be easiest but you may rub the sway bar up from at a full crank. I know there a lot of people here running 31's but most of them have a 2inch body lift and lift shackles with a t-bar crank. Not to sure how they are with rubbing issues. One person to pm on this would be wolfpack hes running that setup i just mentioned with the 31's. I'm sure him or someone with a 4door will say something. I have a 2 door zr2 so im not 100% on this i just now ur gonna need more lift then what you have.

Old 04-11-2009, 03:27 AM
mikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud ofmikeinwi has much to be proud of

on a non zr2 blazer you need 2" of lift to run 31's and 5" of lift to run 32's. https://blazerforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1811 << its all explained here.

Old 04-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Beginning Member

yes, i do have 2" shackles on the back, and i planned on using my stock rims. i would get a 2 inch body lift but the only one i can find for my blazer is "superlift" and they want nearly a thousand dollars... the Bfg's are an 11.5 inch wheel base, i know wider than i thought, but they fit on my 15" stock rims

Old 04-13-2009, 08:53 PM
Beginning Member
wolves0309 is an unknown quantity at this point

Any luck fitting them on the truck?

Old 04-13-2009, 10:23 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the roughWolfPack is a jewel in the rough

Hrm...your terms are all messed up.

Superlift does not make a body lift. Your only options for a 2'' body lift are Performance Accessories or BDS. Superlift does off the bracket lifts for $2000+, or a 2'' kit for <$1000.

And..tires do not have a wheel base. Theyre 11.5 wide, which is right around the max safe width to run on the stock 15x7 rims.

Do some searching on here for tire sizes and lifts. Especially read the thread mikeinwi posted.

Old 04-13-2009, 10:45 PM
Shotgunn99 is on a distinguished road

1987 Blazer k- 5, im thinking about doing the exact same with my identical blazer. Are you Pleased with your T-bar/shackle lift?

Old 04-13-2009, 11:57 PM
Beginning Member

I didnt personally find the lift myself, i called an accesories store and they told me superlift was what they could get...but i honestly believe this site more you know!! again im new to this stuff and all the terms haha..and the torsion crank plus schakles definately added a great touch, but lots of tension... no luck with fitting the 32's on tho

Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Even with the body lift, you are not gonna be able to run 32"s without a lot of rubbing.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:18 AM
old 5k0ol is on a distinguished road

i think the cheapest way to get bigger tires, as long as you can fab decent and/or dont care about looks too much, would be shackles + t bar + body lift + full fender trim ( no 1" corner cutting). if u find another vehicle with similar shaped and larger wheel wells u can use flares for that vehicles and trace the shape on your fender to cut it to fit right. This would allow as much wheel clearance as u desire while also allowing less backspacing and/or wider tires for a wider stance and less chance of roll. But most people worry about looks, personally i think if it looks like it can go anywheres then it looks good.

Last edited by old 5k0ol; 05-03-2009 at 09:02 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: will 32" BFG's AT fit on my 2" t-bar lift?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.