Off Roading Got a story about taking your Blazer off the paved roads? This is your section!

will 32" BFG's AT fit on my 2" t-bar lift?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 01:30 AM
bandidolenny is on a distinguished road

Yea, that's another option. I think the major fender trim look is kinda cool if done well.

Old 05-03-2009, 09:20 AM
SCPratt is on a distinguished road
Default don't forget road performance...

I'll just add that I put on a Superlift 2" suspension lift kit which has the new torsion keys, new upper control arms, and added rear leaf and I run Goodyear 31" X 10.5. I also have 2" wheel spacers, so that brings the wheels out of the wheel well a little more. I've had it this way for 2 years now. I plan on adding a 2" body lift because even though I've done some cutting around the bottom rear of the ront wheel well, I still will rub a tire if I'm maiking a hard turn into a driveway that has an incline where the suspension compressess...I don't like that!

The other issue is that mine is a '96 2-door 5-speed. I've noticed the performance difference when I'm pulling 3,000 lbs up a hill. Now I have to drop into 3rd gear when I used to keep it in 4th...and of course, the speedo is about 10% off (i.e., 65 is a little over 70 mph).

I would agree that adding a 2" body may help you get into the 32s but without it I think you will be unhappy with the results. But, I really wanted to mention the road performance that I didn't even think about when putting on mine. Just some thoughts.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:27 PM
Location: Eternia in the winter and Metropolis in the summer.
burningsun is an unknown quantity at this point

the 32 are going to be a pain for ya see if you can't trade them for some 31's, find a used tire dealer most will do some bartering. I know a guy with a s10 he has just the torsion key adjuster and shackle in back and bodylift he ran 32's but went to a 31 because the width of the 32 caused rubbing. And of course alignment problems. I have 31 10.50 15 on my 98 4door LS on stock wheels. I have a left spring from a jeep in the rear and the torsion bars cranked way up. there is a very very minor rubing on the inside of the tire when the tires are turned all the way to lock out. Outside of that and the alignment it does just fine. I have an E-Z locker in the rear differential so i take this blazer through some ****. I never have issues with the tires rubbing when im climbing, mudding, hauling *** on dirt roads etc. This setup makes the suspension super stiff, kinda bouncey. Tires wear on the outside. Its a cheap way to go. I am about to put the Rough Country 2inch lift on. I'm just waiting till I have 2 good days with no rain to put it on. I'm replacing a lot of the suspension components (tierods, bushings, balljoints etc. while i'm at it. I look forward to seeing how much better it'll ride with it all done. I'll report about that by the end of the week I hope.
The way mine is setup right now it slides so well around the corners of the dirtroads, because of the stiffness it won't roll over as easy, which is kinda fun. but it needs to be a little bit softer. Also at 75 miles an hour my speedometer is dead perfect with what my GPS reads. it reads a little slow under that though speedo will read 55 but gps says 56, if that matters to you or not i dunno. the rough country kit is only 450 shipped it cost 478.

Last edited by burningsun; 05-03-2009 at 01:31 PM. Reason: forgot to add information
Old 05-03-2009, 09:08 PM
old 5k0ol is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by SCPratt
But, I really wanted to mention the road performance that I didn't even think about when putting on mine. Just some thoughts.

I tend to worry about road performance but i would just switch to more road friendly tire and it doesnt take long to swap tires when your driving long distance.

I myself am planning to do the fender trim and to get either 33x10.5 or 33x11.5 tsl thornbirds, and i believe 2000 ford f150 fender flares will do the job for the fender trim.

Last edited by old 5k0ol; 05-03-2009 at 09:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 03:22 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

IMO TSLs and Boggers look silly in those small sizes...just get a set of MT/Rs or beefy M/Ts.