Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

1999 jimmy headliner/console upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Starting Member
jayj99jimmy is on a distinguished road
Default 1999 jimmy headliner/console upgrade

I have a 1999 2-door gmc jimmy 4x4 SL. It has power windows/locks but does not have the keyless entry etc.

2 things

1. I was considering upgrading the rearview mirror from my standard one, to the electronic one that has the temp/compass etc. I was doing some google searching and i came across someone on the colorado forums talking about how if he has power windows, then he has the "power convenience package" and there should be a plug tucked up in the headliner incase i was to go to the dealership and upgrade the mirror, all they have to do is swap mirrors and plug it in. When i upgraded my kick panel under my dashboard in the middle to the one that comes with 2 cigarette lighters, all i did was get one at a wrecking yard and i already had the plug waiting to be used, so i swapped, and plugged in. Any thoughts before i go buy a mirror?

2. I might want to install an overhead console, and if it has a compass then im not too concerned with doing the mirror install. is there a seperate headliner im supposed to buy that has a cutout where the overhead console goes? or would i be just screwing the console in right onto the headliner, screwing through it? Being a 2 door blazer, do i have to get a console from a 2 door? or is it the same as the 4 door.

I have a 2 door, with no sunroof. i know the sunroof one is different.

thanks!