Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 Blazer Fog Light Bulb HElp!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
Maxima570 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 2000 Blazer Fog Light Bulb HElp!

Does anyone know how to replace a factory fog light bulb on a 2000 Blazer (trailblazer edition)? It also has a brush guard just to make things more fun.... I took the headlight out by removing the clips, but there is a metal plate about an inch behind the fog light, and I can't get my hand in or see how the fog light pops out. I can tell it is held in by plastic clips and maybe a screw on the outer side, but there is nothing in the manual and I can't find anything online. Help!! This Blazer is also for sale, and it will come with a brand new fog light bulb! Thanks!

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=192572763

Old 11-22-2005, 02:19 AM
Default RE: 2000 Blazer Fog Light Bulb HElp!

Ok I figured it out, you have to take the headlight off, and then swueeze together 2 plastic tabs to get the foglight/turn signal out. This is one unit and if you want to separate the fog light from the corner you might have to break it. Unfortunately for me, if you have a brush guard, you have to take that off as well. Thanks for all the helpful posts...

Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

LOL, well, I wanted to post, but I don't have my fog light up in with the rest of the headlight cluster so I can't really comment on what to do...

Glad you got it apart though!

Old 11-22-2005, 03:24 PM
BF Veteran
Hanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond reputeHanr3 has a reputation beyond repute

Been busy lately, and glad you figured it out.
I know on my '00 S10-Blazer I have to pull the grill off. Real simple to do, it just pulls off. Then again I would also have to remove my grill guard to get to it.

Old 11-22-2005, 04:06 PM

I was just kidding about the helpful posts comment, I think I only had posted the day before if that. I love the way the grille guard looks, but what a hassle when it comes to changing the lights. I had to buy a a new headlight for my old maxima, and I had to hire a rocket scientist to take the old light out and put the new one in. I couldn't believe it was so easy to get the blazer headlight out!