Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 Blazer Radio Delete Panel

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:04 PM
Beginning Member
seekermeister is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Blazer Radio Delete Panel

Since the radio was stolen, I want a radio delete panel to fill the hole, but haven't found anything Googling. Can anyone point me to one?

Old 11-23-2012, 06:37 PM
BF Veteran
richphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura aboutrichphotos has a spectacular aura about

You dont want another radio?

But you can just make one.

Old 11-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Beginning Member

Another Radio would be okay, but even if I had one, I wouldn't listen to it all that much...plus I'm not certain exactly how to install it. I imagine that it is easy, because the thieves had no problem taking it out, but Googling on it just confused me, because they made it appear to be fairly complex.

Of course, the speakers and cables are all still there, so I imagine that it is just getting a radio to fit the hole, and that would match the cable connectors. but what would hold it in place in the hole?

As far as making a panel, that doesn't seem like such an easy idea to get something that didn't look like a huge bandaid.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:09 PM
Starting Member
whyteb0y is on a distinguished road

Installing a new stereo is simple. First, did it have the stock stereo? If it was aftermarket, you'd need a dash kit. You just pull the bezel off your dash, there will be some plugs to unhook (dash switches and what not) then it should be completely off. With that off, you'll see how the stereo stays in the dash. Usually some screws of some sort. If it's aftermarket and you have the aftermarket wire harness, all you have to do is color match wires. If it's the stock stereo, simply plug the harness into the stereo and plug the antenna in. If you'd like, if you decide to get a new stereo, I can walk you thru it step by step to make it easy.

Old 11-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Beginning Member

Remove the bezel, what bezel...one just around the radio itself, or the entire dash bezel? It is this factor that I came across Googling, that made it look unnecessarily complex, as can be seen in this video:

https://www.google.com/search?client...hannel=suggest

If the entire dash bezel, then I would prefer to just use a delete panel as I mentioned. However, looking at the radio hole itself, I see nothing that appears to be designed to support a radio. I suppose that could be accomplished with an exterior panel through which the radio control **** shafts go protrude, but that wouldn't support the aft portion of the radio, where most of the weight is.

EDIT: As for whether the old radio was OEM or aftermarket, I have no idea, because I'm not sure what the OEM radio looks like.

Last edited by seekermeister; 11-23-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Beginning Member
Truk is on a distinguished road

I think the radio delete panel that would work was part# 10197485, but it's discontinued. That is the part# for the radio delete panel that was used in police package Caprices that were ordered with no radio.

Easier option would be to buy a radio install kit and glue a piece of thin plastic over the entire front to cover the hole.