Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

2000 Jimmy Bumper..

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 01:37 PM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road
Default 2000 Jimmy Bumper..

Hi guys..

I been trying to find an answer to this question for the last month.. And along the way I have found some great posts and info on this site.. So.. I have decided to join and get my question out there to the most active and sincere group I have found..

I got a sweet deal on a 2000 Jimmy that had a minor bump with something of unknown origin.. Since then I have been scouring the internet for rear bumper parts for this Jimmy.. Being the previous owner of several Blazers in the past, I thought I would have no problem with getting stuff for this Jimmy..

My problem lies with the Bumper extensions (ends/corners/trim)..

All of the bumper ends I have found are 'Short' in the height department..

See the pics I have attached to see what I mean..

If anyone has a source for the correct part, please fill me in.. Thanks

Old 04-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

You need the piece for a Jimmy w/ molding. PN 29-2177 from LMCTruck.com PG 36. You aren't going to like the price though! Best to try and find it in a junk yard.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:37 PM
BF Veteran
Benedict1337 will become famous soon enough

yea you could probably pick one up at the junk yard for $20-$30

Old 04-14-2011, 04:31 PM
Beginning Member
diRteh is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the info swart.. I was thrown by the part number you typed in as it was off a lil bit (2177 vs 1277) but at this point, I'm willing to pay a premium since this looks to be the part I am looking for..

I have been calling all over the country looking for this part as a pull off.. but as benedict points out, it's only a $30 part and all the yards are busy crushing their left overs since steel is so high..

Not to mention the total lack of willingness to help a customer that isn't all that knowledgable in the first place.. I'll just chalk it up to another casualty of the entitlement age..

Thanks for the help guys..