Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

jimmy diamond bumper/grille

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:25 AM
ryansoxfan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jimmy diamond bumper/grille

i have a 99 blazer lt and it needs a new front bumper. i was wondering if a 01 jimmy diamond edition bumper/grille guard would fit my blazer. if so, how hard is it to swap out? will i still be able to use my blazer grille? i don't want to switch to a gmc grille. how do i wire in the foglights which are in the grille guard? can i just splice into my factory foglights? will the sides by the tires match up? thanks for any info you can give. i'm not sure if anyone has ever tried this before. i thought it would be pretty sweet if it will actually work! thanks again.

Old 07-24-2007, 07:57 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: jimmy diamond bumper/grille

The Jimmy grill actually scallups into the bumper unlike the Blazer grill. I don't think that you'd like the gap that will be there without switching to a Jimmy grill and headlights.

As for the fog lights, yeah, they should just be able to be spliced into the wires for your factory fogs. You may not be able to run both sets on the same wires though. If you did want to, you can setup a simple relay that will take the load off of the factory wiring.