Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

95-97 Front valance/bumper WITH FOGLIGHTS!!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:15 AM
Starting Member
9Blazer6 is on a distinguished road
Default 95-97 Front valance/bumper WITH FOGLIGHTS!!

Does anybody know where i can get a front valance or bumper with the fog lights in it?? I seen one on here so far it was a 96 but it had the sealed beam even thought im pretty sure that doesnt matter. Did they come stock? Aftermarket? Where can i find one??

Thanks!

Old 06-14-2011, 11:21 AM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Have you checked out LMCTruck.com?

Old 06-14-2011, 02:15 PM
Starting Member

I just looked on LMC and i found the valance with the fog light holes. I also found 2 different fog lights, one with the metal housing and one with the plastic housing. I think the plastic looks better but dont know what will work best. ALSO i seen that it comes with a new bulb socket. Not sure if it comes with the wiring? I would have to go and find a blazer with the wiring kit that came with it and the switch right? or could i run my own switch if i had to?

Last edited by 9Blazer6; 06-14-2011 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Pg 162 has the fog light housings, brackets, & pig-tails. I would run your own wiring if it isn't already there. I don't know how easy/difficult it is for the early 2nd gens, but the 98+, you have to get the BCM reprogrammed to use the factory switch.

Old 06-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Starting Member

I would have to run my own wiring. Sounds like it would be easier anyway. I have an open spot where my headlight switch is to mount a nice switch. I've never owned a vehicle with foglights and i think they make the vehicle look so much better. Thats my new project! lol

One more question. Would wiring my own switch in be as simple as a power and a ground? Any relays or fuses??

Last edited by swartlkk; 06-15-2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: *Combining Consecutive Posts* - Please use the EDIT feature to add additional information to your post if another member yet to respond.
Old 06-15-2011, 10:00 AM
Administrator

I would run a relay just to keep high amperage away from the switch. You can do it without a relay using a heavy duty switch and properly sized wires to limit voltage drop. It's really up to your preference.

Old 06-15-2011, 10:16 AM
Starting Member

Well i called lmc to make sure its what i needed. They told me that the 2nd design fog light with the plastic housing is 159.95 PER SIDE and they only offered the right one? The first design you have to buy it piece by peice? So i pretty much just got discouraged from going that route. SOOO what if i were to find some rectangle fog lights like that at like advanced auto or a parts store similar. Would i be able to run HIDs to them? I have any kind of wire i need and im sure i can get a nice heavy duty switch somewhere.