Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

95 interior spare tire mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:06 PM
Bad Ramer Jamer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 95 interior spare tire mount

I hate my spare blocking my view. I want to move it to the inside. I stumbled across an interior mount at the junk yard. Unfortunatly it was off a 97 4 door, and there is a slight differance,,,I think. Ibelieve I could makethis onework with some effort. Has anyone did this conversion. Are the 2 door and 4 door the same, or is the issue Im having because of the differance in the years.I dont have one of each to compare. All I know is this 97 4 door one does not bolt up exactly how it should on my 95 2 door, but like I said, I could make it work.

That being said, I was at another yard way out of town and I found some more. But they were getting ready to close, and wouldnt let me get one. There are several of these interior mounts there. Some 2 doors and some 4 doors. Is this a sought after item, or am I the only one that wants one. I thought about getting them and selling them here, or on ebay. What would be a fair price. I would have to drive about 50 miles each way. Would it even be worth the effort.

This is not a for sale ad. I don't have them. But if there was an interest, I could get them for you guys and post them here, or on ebay.

Old 09-15-2008, 11:10 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: 95 interior spare tire mount

You want to have the lower portion of the rear window back....in exchange for no cargo space, and the biggest blind spot of your life on one side?

The space saver spares take up a whole lot of room back there...much less a fullsize meant for the back...

Old 09-15-2008, 11:22 PM

So I am the only one that wants one. [sm=laughat.gif]

It would be on the drivers side, so I dont think that would be an issue as far as a blind spot. And I always have the back seats folded down. So for me, it would be worth it. But those are some good points. Well now Im going to go outside right now and put the seats up and see how much room is left. [sm=smiley24.gif]

Old 09-15-2008, 11:26 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Maybe if you laid it down... The problem is that the interior mounts would take the place of where our jack and what not is...I think...Havn't been in a two door recently to look for a jack

You should get a roof rack and put it up there!

Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 PM

ORIGINAL: WolfPack

Maybe if you laid it down... The problem is that the interior mounts would take the place of where our jack and what not is...I think...Havn't been in a two door recently to look for a jack

You should get a roof rack and put it up there!
Laying it down would defenatly take up too much room.

The 2 door jack is in the same place as the 4 door jack. These go right in the same area as the jack. They fit like 2 pees in a pod,,,,lol. The jack snuggles in behind the tire mount.

No roof rack for me. Im going for more of a street look,,,not off road. Im just gonna have to try it. I can always take it back out. Then Ill be asking you why didnt you warn me. [8D]

Old 09-15-2008, 11:50 PM
Blazin_1t_up is an unknown quantity at this point

so u have the rear spare mount now???

Old 09-16-2008, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: Blazin_1t_up

so u have the rear spare mount now???
Right now its on the tailgate.

For Wolfpack,,,,,and those of you that havent seen what the interior mount looks like,,,,here it is. I just went outside at midnight and took this pic. I woke everybody in the house up. Im not real popular right now. [sm=bicker.gif]

Old 09-16-2008, 12:23 AM

so its like the zr2? wat r u gonna do with that spare mount

Old 09-16-2008, 12:30 AM

ORIGINAL: Blazin_1t_up

so its like the zr2? wat r u gonna do with that spare mount

Are you talking about the 4 door interior mount, or the one Im taking off my tailgate. If its the tailgate one, im going to keep it just incase I decide I dont like the interior mount now that Wolfpack planted a seed in my mind. [sm=chattypair.gif]Plus I dont want holes in my body. Im just going to remove the swing arm for now.

Ive seen the tailgate mounts all over the place. If you cant find one locally, let me know and Ill see if I can find you a nice one around here.

Old 09-16-2008, 10:21 PM

well the part on the body wont work on mine because it aint strong enough i was gonna custom fab a mount on the frame