Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Anyone got some cool body mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone got some cool body mods?

Im in the process of doing a few pretty big body mods. Sealing off tail lights/ making new ones, completely custom rear bumper/tailgate, etc. Anyone got any cool things theyve done or are planning on doing? Ill post some pics of my idea and progress later. Im off to work now just wanted to get a convo started so I can see what everyone else is up to.

Old 02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
neo71665 will become famous soon enoughneo71665 will become famous soon enough
Default RE: Anyone got some cool body mods?

I don't really call bumpers a body mod but I have a custom one I built on the front right now and working on a rear one to match it.

For lights I retrofitted LEDs in the grille markers on my first gen, Gonna work on the tail lights as soon as I get a chance.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:00 PM

Heres an idea of what Im doing. I know its a rough sketch lol just trying to get the point across.

Ive already took a saw and hacked off the old side skirt caps and took off the rear bumper. Im going to start from the furthest point out on the tailgate, and start fabbing the rear straight down from there. Then it will roll under like a rollpan. The tailgate is going to be completely sealed, as well as the tail lights. So its just going to be straight smooth fiberglass/metal back there. Then Im going to cut a spot to put the license plate box right in the center. On either side is going to be a cutout for my new tail/stop/turn/reverse lights. Not sure of the combo of lights just yet but Im thinking a bright red neon for the tail lights, then a red LED rope light to illuminate for the brakes, etc. Still coming up with that exact idea. After the holes cut and all the lights are mounted Im going to seal the hole with smoked plexiglass so when they are all off its like nothings there.

Im still toying with a few other ideas for the lights, too. Thats just more than likely pretty close to the route Im going to take. Im also going to get rid of the high mount stop light all together, but going to keep the glass lift gate functional.

Thats the next big thing Im doing soon. Probably followed by my Viper alarm,shaved handles but thats no big deal.

Also playing with the idea of making it a dually. Not sure about that just yet...haha

[IMG]local://upfiles/13968/8E9785DA639947D0B4477156ACDE941B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2009, 10:10 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

check out this site. They might have some stuff that you would like.

Also i think it is illegal to have no high mount stop light.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:18 PM

I actually have that site bookmarked already lol. Most of the stuff for this mod I already have though, and what I dont have I can get anywhere around. Im making just about everything myself though.

And I forgot to elaborate on that. Im going to HAVE a high mount stop light, just not there. Just going to put an LED strip inside behind the glass.

Old 02-02-2009, 10:27 PM
NVANZEE will become famous soon enough

ahh ok

Old 02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

Ishaved the door handles,tail lights, antenna, roof rack and 3rd break light. For tail lights im running 2 15" ledflush mounts across the top of the tailgate and i havent got pulled over for them, plus i have a fire and ice led bar under the tailgate. My next project ive bn looking n2 is either the 02-06 or 07-09 cadillac escalde headlights conversion, the 02-06 has bn done a few times so im going more towards the 07-09 but its still up n the air.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:54 PM

Thats cool, sounds good. Im not big on the pre-fabbed stuff though. Everything Im doing is going to be pretty much original and made up in my head, or help from a buddies brain. Im buying everything to do my whole back end this weekend and possibly getting most of it knocked out on Sunday.

Old 02-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

pre-fab??

Old 02-05-2009, 07:07 PM

Stuff that was fabricated for the a certain use that you are using it for. The front bumper/grill/headlights is probably the only think I wont make. But then again Im going to customize those all in some way or another, too.

Quick Reply: Anyone got some cool body mods?