Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Anyone got some cool body mods?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 02:53 AM
Starting Member
Blazin1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Anyone got some cool body mods?

ORIGINAL: Brian_L

Stuff that was fabricated for the a certain use that you are using it for. The front bumper/grill/headlights is probably the only think I wont make. But then again Im going to customize those all in some way or another, too.
HE KNOWS WHAT PRE-FAB IS!!!!

Have you seen his photo gallery??? All his $#!t is CUSTOM!!!

Frosty, how much $$$ have you put into that Blazer??? BTW It Looks KILLER!!! I was thinking along the same lines regarding the tail lights except I want to mount the led's on the inside of the rear glass, right above the tail gate.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:59 AM
Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, LOL i dont think i wanna know how muchi got n it, last time i counted over a year ago it was over 12K. Doing the taillights ike that would look awesome, ive saw that doneonly 1 time b4 if im readin what ur sayin right. The way that guy done it didnt look 2 hard to do. Jus make sure u get some bright ones if u have tint on ur back window. The one that i saw done looks liked he usedthe slim mount semi leds, they are clear that lights up red. And they really didnt stand out when he has the glass open. Its a very cool mod, well i think so atleast.

Old 02-06-2009, 01:32 PM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point

Im using some bright *** white LEDs and using red/orange tinted plexiglass or trailer light covers for all my lights. Going to make my final design probably tonight and tomorrow and start working on it Sunday. Im trying to think of something that looks good, looks different, but at the same time isnt a HUGE pain in the *** and easy to change out if something messes up. I dont want to seal off some LED bar and then it go out and I have to rip into some fiberglass to get it back out. heh

Old 02-06-2009, 01:33 PM
Brian_L is an unknown quantity at this point

ORIGINAL: Blazin1

ORIGINAL: Brian_L

Stuff that was fabricated for the a certain use that you are using it for. The front bumper/grill/headlights is probably the only think I wont make. But then again Im going to customize those all in some way or another, too.
HE KNOWS WHAT PRE-FAB IS!!!!

Have you seen his photo gallery??? All his $#!t is CUSTOM!!!

Frosty, how much $$$ have you put into that Blazer??? BTW It Looks KILLER!!! I was thinking along the same lines regarding the tail lights except I want to mount the led's on the inside of the rear glass, right above the tail gate.
No doubt it looks good. I just dont like the fire/ice bar, and using conversion kits unless I make it myself. Still looks clean.

Old 02-06-2009, 02:48 PM
Frosty is an unknown quantity at this point

The only reason i did the fire and ice is for the reverse lights and its hidin out of site. The good thing about the leds that i have is that just the lens is molded into the tailgate, so ifone of themever goes out just take off the inside cover panel unbolt the light and put a new one in. The only conversion thing i have is the headlights and bumper, but when i find some escalde lights for cheap ill start the fabin.I have a fiberglass front bumper that ive done work to to change it up and im still thinking on what else to do to it.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Beginning Member
jzap is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got this crazy idea about fabbing some sheet metal panels to blank out the side windows on a 2dr Blazer to make an update of a '50's style panel truck.

Old 08-18-2010, 07:48 PM
Beginning Member
bigbeast is on a distinguished road

and no, it is not illegal to not have a high mount tail / break light, the law only says that there has to be 1 operational running / break light

Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bigbeast
and no, it is not illegal to not have a high mount tail / break light, the law only says that there has to be 1 operational running / break light
You might want to check your local laws. In NY, if it came with a high mounted stop light from the factory and you remove it, they could fail you at inspection time.

Also, it is federally mandated. In 1986, the United States National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and Transport Canada mandated that all new passenger cars have a CHMSL installed. A CHMSL was required on all new light trucks and vans starting in 1994.

Doesn't mean that you can't move it though.

Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 AM
BF Veteran
kiwiblazer is on a distinguished road

Changed the fender turn signals from this ugly orange...

To this clear with orange bulb (ex Golf/Audi)

Internal light switch to accomodate light bar (top 2)

Edit: Sorry, didn't read the "body" word! LOL Although the top two did involve a dremel to make the new Audi lamp fit!

Last edited by kiwiblazer; 08-19-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: comment.