Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Bed liner as a paint job

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009 | 09:53 AM
BF Veteran
ABN31B is on a distinguished road

if you want flat black, go to maaco or earl scheib. for $200 the whole thing can be fflat black... glass and all!

Old 11-30-2009 | 10:12 AM
Starting Member
C.Blazer is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by ABN31B
bed liner you say? is that the smooth stuff from the can then? also, that last chrome rocker trim on the bumper, is that from an S10 PU? lastly those are 31x10.5's on there? with only a shackle and t-bar? they fill up the front pretty well, but dont look very wide. I looked through the albums, but could you get a shot of the front tire at full turn? If all you did was +1.25 and +2 to pull off 31's... i'm game
HA I discovered your secret future projects. While your bed-lining your truck, be sure to hit that grille, im sure it will improve the look.

Old 11-30-2009 | 12:29 PM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

glass and all!
Well that just sounds dangerous

Old 11-30-2009 | 12:39 PM
BF Veteran

my future projects include NOT doing that anytime soon

I'll post an update in my build tonight after i get a few shots of what i have accomplished.

And Sisk: you will get used to it. think of the overspray as "tint". now you look even more bad ***

Old 11-30-2009 | 04:54 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

sorry for hi-jacking....

ABN31B.....was looking at your album.
noticed you have lower valance removed off front bumper.
was that easy to do, and easy to put back if i dont like the look on my ride?

thanks.

...did pics answer your questions?

Old 12-01-2009 | 11:47 PM
Beginning Member
David Reeves is on a distinguished road

I saw this spray on bedliner on two aluminum fishing boats it covered the floor, up the inside walls and over the other side by 3 0r 4 inches. It looked great. Just remember -- its your money and you are the only one you gotta make happy.

Old 12-02-2009 | 12:13 AM
BF Veteran

amen brother

warthogdriver: yeah the pics were spot on. I appreciate you tossing them up for lil' ol' me
As for the valance removal... well the previous owner gothimself a Street Scene Gen V SS Bumper Cover. Shortly after, he rearended a dude with a ball hitch and busted half the valance off. He ripped it off and chucked it. As far as I can tell, it is just pressure clipped on (like the impact strip) with maybe a bolt or 2 on the ends (tops) but i dont know. i have never dealt with it. I got this bumper off a blazer that had bruned from the bumper to the windshield. after chipping the slag and plastic off, i just undercoated over the wrecked chrome. best part, because i was burned up, it cost me $10 FTW!

I really like the look of the front sans valance. it makes it look taller and a bit more rugged. BUT you will run into the same issue i had: oil filter shows and skid plate is too short.... it reminds me of chick jeans that dont go up enough to meet the bottom of the shirt, leaves a bit showing

Old 12-02-2009 | 05:33 PM
BF Veteran
warthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the roughwarthogdriver is a jewel in the rough

ABN31B,

no prob for the pics, glad to help...least i could do in return for all the info i have got off this forum..

thanks for the info on the valance, you certainly have interesting stories behind your blazer and parts you get....best i have is just going to the bone yard and pulling off what i want.

i do like the sans valance look as well...just wanted to make sure i could change plans if i changed my mind. (haven't seen it person yet).

Old 12-02-2009 | 06:24 PM
BF Veteran

it's not so much that my stories are all that interesting, it's just that i am an uncompromising cheap *** and have to find new and exciting ways to get my gear since i cant/dont pay for a lot of it what i do pay for i wrestle every damn cent out of. infact all of the i collect around here will fund my new grille eventually... (except the Canadian Peanut gallery...)

well, between me and you.... i would go to a bone yard and just stomp the valance off one of their junkers... that way you can see how it comes off, and if you like the look... with no real skin off you back (unless you somehow fall ) and you can score something else you may be needing/wanting while there

Last edited by ABN31B; 12-02-2009 at 06:26 PM.
Old 12-03-2009 | 06:03 AM
BF Veteran
Sisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant futureSisk has a brilliant future

And Sisk: you will get used to it. think of the overspray as "tint". now you look even more bad ***
Well, when you put it like that it sounds awesome!

Quick Reply: Bed liner as a paint job