Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Blazer to SS Clone

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:16 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

95 Blazer Ls 4dr 4wd. i want to make my Blazer look like an SS version like the Trailbalzer version. Took off all the trim on the doors and emblems, replaced rear bumper end caps and front bumper with non trim end caps version. holds are left if trim is taken off trim versions. i cut out a hole rite beside the hooks and install fog lights. added dual exhaust with dual tims on each side. now the emblems i do not like the s10 red SS emblems. going with the white ones( 2 smaller 1s for the doors, bigger 1 for the back). i like the TrailBlazer and Chevrolet emblems. the ones that all the letter are each seprate. i was thinking of just putting the Blazer part on the right side with the SS under it and the Chevrolet on the left side. What do u think? also i like the LTz emblem. is it possible to get a bowtie(chevy symbol) made like the Ltz is)(mertial/sticker). i want to put it on the back rite under the push buttom for the hatch. or should i just put the SS on the gate and thats all? do u think i should change my rear end bumper cap to extrame cap versions or would it just look dumb? What do think of the emblems and where i want to put it?i'm leaving everything under the hood same expect the vortec pastic piece. maybe put SS emblem it and add an cold air intake and thats itunder the hood. now what bout the interior? where should i put he ss symbol. got the rear seats with head rest. What other stuff would make it look like an ss more. i got all leather seat and door panels. help

Merging nearly identical threads

95 Blazer 4dr. 4wd has leather. i want to make my blazer look like a trail blazer SS version. i know i need the 2small, 1big SS emblem. what bout the inside? already took off the trim on the outside. i add foglight to the outside of the hooks on the bumpers. i put dual exhaust with dual tips comming out the back. Painted the door handles and the pastic pieces on sides in the back. add a cold air intake and an 6000k HID kit. leaving the engine the same but maybe put a thick SS version make sticker over the vortec. should i change rear end bumper caps to the extreme versions or will it look dumm? any inputs will help me

Last edited by TripleBlackBlazer; 08-10-2010 at 09:13 PM. Reason: Merging double post, please do not post the same thing in multiple threads.
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned
kickme005 is on a distinguished road

anyone?

Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 PM
Administrator
swartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond reputeswartlkk has a reputation beyond repute

Do not bump a post after waiting mere hours. The rules of the forum state to wait at least 24 hours for responses after which time, it is permissible to bump your post. Anything else is just impatience. You do recall having been put on suspension already right?

Oh and about your question, if you are into stickers that are meaningless, go for it. It's your truck. The only opinion that matters is yours.

Old 08-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Starting Member
blazerboy001 is on a distinguished road

Sticker Tuning makin' a rise again? lol

Old 08-12-2010, 04:00 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

It wouldn't make any sense to just put Xtreme bumper caps on. The whole body kit hangs lower than the body. Also, if you did want an Xtreme body kit, you'll have to either buy aftermarket side skirts, or be very good with fiberglass.

Old 08-12-2010, 04:13 PM
BF Veteran
oktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant futureoktain has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by cbr995
It wouldn't make any sense to just put Xtreme bumper caps on. The whole body kit hangs lower than the body. Also, if you did want an Xtreme body kit, you'll have to either buy aftermarket side skirts, or be very good with fiberglass.
He put "non-trim" pieces on, meaning they don't have the holes in it for that black impact strip.

Personally... I laugh everytime I see a "sticker tuned" vehicle. Don't put SS on it unless it's a factory SS... It won't be any faster with them, in fact because the three emblems probably weigh 1lb all together... you'll be slowing your Blazer down 0.000000000009 mph

Old 08-12-2010, 04:19 PM
cbr995 will become famous soon enoughcbr995 will become famous soon enough

His post makes my head hurt.
No offense to the OP, but the post is all jumpy.
What I got is, he bought new bumpers without the impact strip holes, put SS or Chevy emblems on, now he wants to put them almost everywhere. Has a cai, and dual exhaust, and wants Xtreme bumper caps. I got this, right?

I say just lower it, take ALL the badges off except for the one on your grill, put some Custom rims on, and call it a day.

Last edited by cbr995; 08-12-2010 at 04:22 PM.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:24 PM
BF Guru
old skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of lightold skool luvr is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by cbr995
His post makes my head hurt.
No offense to the OP, but the post is all jumpy.
What I got is, he bought new bumpers without the impact strip holes, put SS or Chevy emblems on, now he wants to put them almost everywhere. Has a cai, and dual exhaust, and wants Xtreme bumper caps. I got this, right?
it's ok Matt, i solved all his problems HERE.