Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

bowtie grille emblem

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 04:24 PM
2002XTREME is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up bowtie grille emblem

I just got done painting my bowtie Transparent blue, I`m just now waiting for it to dry so i can get the pics posted in my gallery!! I have Transparent Blue, Red,Purple and Gold picked it up at autozone..

Old 07-20-2009, 05:01 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

I am going to take my grill off today, to see if I can't just unscrew the emblem and paint it by itself. It would take a lot of the work and accuracy out of it.

I have some sandpaper, primer, gloss black paint, and clear-coat all ready to go. If this goes will I will look into painting the chrome bar on the grill and the headlight chrome, just as you have done.

Old 07-20-2009, 05:09 PM
Thumbs up

kool deal , Just a heads up-When i took mine off the little plastic stud for the nuts on it broke their only plastic!! if that does happen to you also you can always silicone the bowtie back in or use heavy duty two sided taping, which is what i`m more than likely going to do since i already have the tape..Make sure you scuff the piece down really good and dont get any grease on it after doing that clean your hands good, Spray away!! Scuff and clean the chrome also really good and prime it with Self etching primer!! it adheres to the plastic for painting..I have`nt yet had a problem with anything ive painted using that primer...I actually just rec repainted my front bumper which i sanded to bare metal and used that etching primer and dupli color paint to match..you`ll see it in the pics when i post them up in my gallery..

Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 PM
Thumbs up

Update :-) pics have been added to my gallery of the bowtie..

Old 07-20-2009, 08:29 PM
RangerG will become famous soon enoughRangerG will become famous soon enough

Very nice! I like the use of 2 different blue's, really brings attention to the bowtie.

So it look like for mine I will have to paint in on the truck. With a bit of masking tape and a lot of newspaper I should be alright.

I tried to take off my grill, but my brushguard has different ideas. It would be too much work to take off the guard just for this. I should be alright painting it on the truck.

I also decided I may go with a flat black for the bowtie, and a gloss black to match the truck on the grill. I will not be painting the grill for a while though.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:08 PM
blazerguy22 is an unknown quantity at this point

2002xtreme just go to napa and buy 3M black molding tape best stuff there is

Old 07-26-2009, 11:46 PM
nyzr21019 is on a distinguished road

when i did mine i painted it gloss black i didnt even take it off i sanded it and taped it all off, came out awesome

Attached Thumbnails bowtie grille emblem-oo.jpg