Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

brush guard on ZR2

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2008, 11:16 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default brush guard on ZR2

Ive been looking around online for a brush guard and came across a westin one for about $210 heres the link to it its the chrome one
http://www2.partstrain.com/store/?N=...995+11920+7789

My question is though will it matter if my blazer is a ZR2 im not sure if it makes a difference ive seen some site advertise a brush guard then say except ZR2 models but would there really be a difference? Also does this mount in the spot where the tow hooks are?

Old 04-23-2008, 10:56 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: brush guard on ZR2

Ahh...that's the old school transformer. I personally don't like the knife-like 90* front end stuff....but if you like it, you will need one that is for the ZR2. You have a different frame than the non-zr2s. As for mounting, they usually mount inbetween the bumper bracket and frame...you still retain use of the tow hooks.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:17 AM
jimmyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

make sure with the westin its not just the parts that cover the headlights because i have to westin push bar and it was about $240 just for that.

quote from the info
"Installed Individually Or Combined With Optional Brush Guards For Added Headlight Protection"

thats why i think its either the push bar(justcovers the grill area)or the brush guards(just covers the lights)not both.

jimmyboy

Old 04-23-2008, 11:27 AM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

Ahh good point jimmyboy.

The transformer kit is modular, so you can swap out parts as you upgrade. Say you buy the push bar (grille protection) and the brush guards (head light protection), but then you upgrade to a winch....you can get a warn winch mount guard (at least on the full size trucks...but this is just an example ). you can swap out the center while still using the same brush guards.

Might wanna send them an email and double check...that price is awfully low for a Warn.

My brushguard was $215, but it's a Hunter guard, and you order direct from the factory, so it's much lower cost. Also they don't use rust-proof (galvanized?) bolts. Nothing a can of rustoleum won't fix

Old 04-23-2008, 01:30 PM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

there's no issues with that westin grille guard for zr2's....i have the black powdercoat of that model and love it, there was no issues with the install and it's a great looking setup. take a look in my gallery.....

there are two spacers included with the westin kit that you'll need to use for the top mounts with a zr2, but it only adds an extra 5min to the install.

Old 04-23-2008, 07:46 PM
DJ 4x4 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ya the whole part about it being either the side headlights guards or the push bar made me think it might be just the side guards. Ill have to email them and find out. Where did you order your hunter guard from wolf? I cant find a brush guard or even a bull guard thats polished silver or chrome for a decent price. They are always like 50-100 dollars more for the silver or chrome. which is expected but i dont want to spend 400 bucks on a brush guard.

yukon where did you order or get your guard from and is it that same model or do you know?

Old 04-24-2008, 10:30 AM
yukonmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

i ordered mine from a company called 'cap-it truck accessories'...but thats out of canada, not sure where you're located. and it's the same model as mine, the part number you'd be looking for is 36-1890 (thats straight from the westin application guide, for 98-04 4WD Blazer Downsize). That site u linked to has a note on the westin guards that states "Fit Note: 4 Wheel Drive", so i'm guessing it's the exact same model.

can't know for sure by the site though, so callpartstrain and ask if it's part #36-1890.