Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

carpet cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:54 PM
okiedoak20 will become famous soon enoughokiedoak20 will become famous soon enough
Default carpet cleaning

Ok so what do all ya'll use to deep clean you carpets.im wanting to remove heavy soil deposits, some grease spots and stuff...
Thamks

Old 07-03-2013, 10:38 PM
gitch93 is on a distinguished road

ok another easy answer. if ur carpets are that bad its best to remove them from a vehicle and take to local car wash or if u have a pressure washer u can use some cleaning agents on the carpet and scrub it down and pressure wash it. if the carpet is in the vehicle heres what u do. buy a bucket,wash mit,and a scrub brush with some carpet cleaner or all purpose chemical, also but a can of carpet stain remover. spray the heavy areas witht he can of stain remover and use a brush. after that fill a bucket of nice warm water add the carpet soap or all purpose to it and throw the wash mit into the bucket. ur gonna wanna get ur carpets damp but DO NOt soak them. USE THE wash mit to lather the soap into the carpets and then scrub it hard with the brush. u may need to repeat a few times til ur happy with ur results. also if u have a wet/dry vac u will need to suck up the remaining water and dirt out of the carpets. repeat this process on the entire vehicles carpets after ur done crack ur 2 front windows a tiny bit and turn ur truck on and set register to floor and crank ur hear and fan all the way up. it should dry ur carpets in a few hours if thw weather is hot out

Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 AM
truc.karl is on a distinguished road

Try using the Adam's carpet & upholstery cleaner. I've been using it for years now and it never fails me.

Old 09-12-2013, 11:30 PM
bobholets is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Carpet Cleaning

I have seen people take the carpet out take it to a laundromat and put in a commercial machine. I also seen an upholster do that