Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Ceiling cover coming down

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 05:43 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Ceiling cover coming down

In my 94 Blazer the place right below the driver side mirror is coming down on the ceiling. It's the fabric. Anyone have any ideas for making that stay up and look factory?

Old 03-24-2008, 05:52 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about
Default RE: Ceiling cover coming down

The only real long term fix is to pull the headboard down, and reapply backing and adhesive. If you just spray adhesive up there, it'll hold for a day, a week, but then fall back down. Staples will hold for a bit, but that looks tacky and it too, will fall out.

Old 03-24-2008, 06:49 PM
mccague36 is an unknown quantity at this point

i reapholseted my whole head board a few weeks back. check out my cardomain page. all you need to do is take it out, buy some fabric (not too thick or you cant manipulate it), and some headliner adheasive spray at autozone or another place like it and spray a generous ammount in even strokes and strech the fabric over the whole thing. i went through 1-1/2 cans of adheasive, it held up perfectly through the cold months, i have to see how it will do in the summer. the adheasive is actual headboard adheasive that is used at the factory, so i have faith. good luck with your project.

Old 03-24-2008, 07:13 PM
Starting Member
elementalnature is an unknown quantity at this point

Links to remove the headboard? I might do black.. I'm a big fan of black.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:33 PM
BF Veteran
WolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura aboutWolfPack has a spectacular aura about

mccague36 did you remove and strip the old adhesive and backing? If not, then it will probably fail in some time. Probably not any time soon, but it won't stay up as long as factory...or so that's what I've been told!

Hopefully it works out for you, because I've heard the stripping down is the worst part!

Old 03-25-2008, 12:38 PM
mccague36 is an unknown quantity at this point

no, i just glued the new fabric right over the factory lining. I hope it holds up too.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Bigtimefball87 is an unknown quantity at this point

The fabric on the ceiling of my dads 94 Blazer is starting the coming down, looking-like-crap process. He tried to have a guy spray some adhesive into a hole in it to try and temporarily fix it, but it didn't work. So his is just hanging there.I know mine is the original headliner, so it's probably only a matter of time before mine starts behaving this way.

My dad told me he has future plans to entirely replace the headliner in =get this= black leather.[8D] Once he has the time to do this, I know THAT will look awesome!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 PM
rabbit0102030 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not really sure you have to, but when I recovered the headliner in my old 94 in suede, I found it easier just to remove all the panels that come into contact with it. I couldn't find any links to explain the process either.

I plan on taking the headliner down in the 01 and covering it in the same black croc skin I used on my sub box build. Should look pretty sick!