Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2007, 05:36 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.

So I went on ebay, and found this seller that has his own website. He sells many types of replacement LEDs. I did my whole interior with HID white LEDs. I did both front and back dome lights, all four map lights in the overhead console, both underneath the dash, both visors, and finally, the glove box. It looks like daytime at night in my truck. The only thing is, that i believe my truck, and the 95-97 blazers, have different housings for the map lights in the overhead consoles, than the 98 and up. So in my truck, i had to get a dremel, and sand down a bit of the map light housings, CAREFUL NOT TO BREAK THEM as they are very fragile, and i was able to fit the 194 SMT bulbs that are on the website.

http://www.v-leds.com

btw, if you dont see the 194 smt bulbs on the link i posted, he's got to have them in his ebay store. just go on ebay, and type in "194 LED".

[IMG]local://upfiles/3653/63C8417C247F40C985F873CD58D711F9.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/3653/FAA022CB854E40D48DA3193B54A38E7A.jpg[/IMG]

Old 10-31-2007, 10:00 AM
blazinblack is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.

i have a 2001 will they just pop right in or will i have to do some customizing? and it looks mint
[align=left] [/align]

Old 10-31-2007, 10:13 AM
Starting Member
S10Blazer is an unknown quantity at this point

I have these currently in my map lights.
Map lights - eBay

And they are almost touching the lense in the housing. but they fit nicely. Now, I am not sure, because i have a '96, but im pretty sure the map lights are different than mine. My brother has a 2000, and he just popped in the standard size HID white leds from the same guy. They fit like the original bulb. However, if you want the bright ones, which are the SMT, you would have to measure, because they are much larger than a standard size bulb. I believe these are the measurements, on this link here. On my truck, the map lights have a kind of socket, that comes out with the whole lens of the map light, and I have to remove the bulb from the back of the lens. . On my brother's '00, all he had to do was pop off the little plastic clear lens, and pop the bulb right in. Although i think you will have enough room, just measure, to play it safe.

*EDIT by swartlkk* - Fixed long link

Old 10-31-2007, 09:05 PM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

Looks good, I might have to do that to my map lights for a final touch to my Dash Blue LED conversion.

Old 11-01-2007, 03:08 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

Looks good! Now you've just gotta do your dash and HVAC controls in the same color! lol

Old 11-02-2007, 01:59 AM
iceflames11 is on a distinguished road

I've been doing the samething in my truck. Funny thing is, I have also been using v-leds and my seller. I gotta say, you arent kidding about daylight at night. These things are crazy bright!

Old 11-02-2007, 03:20 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

I kinda wish I had the overhead console and map lights, just for the extra light when I use my truck for work!

Old 11-04-2007, 08:07 PM

Yeah I was using V-LED's too.

Old 11-04-2007, 08:19 PM
BF Veteran
EuroGoldLS is on a distinguished road

I'm gonna do the same thing soon. Can you make a list of all the different bulb numbers and the quantities of each?

Old 11-04-2007, 08:56 PM

You should be able to look at auto replacement bulbs on sylvania's website, which will give you all the bulb numbers but not quanities. Here is a link to the page

Quick Reply: Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.