Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 04:57 AM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough
Default RE: Changed all interior lights to LEDs.DIRECT REPLACEMENT.

I can't remember what bulb number it is for those...

But it should either just pull out, or you'll have to push in and twist for it to come loose...

Old 01-05-2008, 08:05 AM
dimmuborgir6nik6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright, because I was twisting it normally and it didn't budge. Can't even get a good look at the way the bulb is in from the angle, but I gotta try again. And the dome lights are the same? Just pop them out?

Old 01-05-2008, 11:20 AM
lennyblazer is on a distinguished road

What I did with the ones in the footwell, was to take all that plastic down and then actually took the housing down that holds the light. If I recall correctly you just have to pull it out. They are real stubburon though. Good luck.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:23 PM
BF Veteran
drperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the roughdrperry is a jewel in the rough

The dome lights, you should be able to see once you get the lens off... Unless you mean the map/console lights, in which case, I can't help, because I don't have those, lol.

If the foot well bulbs are 168s then they just pull out... They SHOULD be in a 2nd gen... the 1st gen are the old school push & twist style...

Old 01-05-2008, 11:41 PM

yep the 168's are the same base as a 194, which is more common in LED bulbs. The maplights in the newer gen 2 trucks are easy, just need a 194 bulb pull the old one out and push the new one in and your good to go. Which now that I remember is the exact same way the floor courtesy lights are.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:40 AM

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

What I did with the ones in the footwell, was to take all that plastic down and then actually took the housing down that holds the light. If I recall correctly you just have to pull it out. They are real stubburon though. Good luck.
Yeah, I kept the housing in and just felt my way around. Took me a while and was getting frustrated, but I did it and it looks great. Red LED's light up the floor. I'll get pics when my I find my camera battery charger.

ORIGINAL: lennyblazer

yep the 168's are the same base as a 194, which is more common in LED bulbs. The maplights in the newer gen 2 trucks are easy, just need a 194 bulb pull the old one out and push the new one in and your good to go. Which now that I remember is the exact same way the floor courtesy lights are.
Yeah..only problem is I have the '96, so I have to find a dremel and do the required sanding so I can fit the lights in. [&:]

Old 01-06-2008, 12:52 PM

Yeah I was routing some wires under the plastic for my fuzz buster and iPod connector. So I just took down the plastic, then it was easier to see the bulb socket.

Oh and I have decided to order 4 HID White LED's for the maplights and then some new Blue LED's for the courtesy lights (the ones that come on when a door is opened). I'll post up some pics when I get them installed.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:27 AM
quinnman105 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats sick looking.....

Old 01-08-2008, 02:11 PM

I need to post some pics too. I have 2 red LEDs under the dash, looks awesome, and white LEDs in both dome lights.
The maplights are annoying, you have to sand down the plastic a lot. It took me so long to do one bulb and I didn't even finish it, so I threw the old bulb back in and put it in the truck.
:/

Old 01-29-2008, 01:29 PM
FirehawkNS is an unknown quantity at this point

Have been doing this very thing. Thanks for the site that had better prices then what I was buying.