Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

Dents

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:35 PM
4.3Power is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Dents

I was recently backed into and I've got a few nasty dents in the drivers side quarter panel above the wheel. It's a 2000 2 door.
Is the inside of the quarter panel accessible from the inside of the truck? Can I pop the dents out from inside the trunk if I take the inside panels out?

Old 08-12-2008, 04:12 PM
dahfrenzy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: Dents

Yes, you can. It may or not be easy, however. You won't know until you have opened the panel. There may be a 2nd layer of metal covering the area which needs to be pounded out. If that is the case, you will need to use different tools at different angles to knock them out. Sometimes you need to drill a hole in the outside and use a hook type device to pull it out. It really varies depending on the dent's location. I actually got an offer from some individuals who may or may not be legal citizens to do my tricky dent on my rear hatch for $60. I only trusted them because they work at a local body shop and were just freelancing on their day off. Regardless the got the dent out I spend hours on, in about 30mins and put a new layer of clear coat over the area. If you are unable to get it out yourself, a body shop will charge you hundreds for the repair; so your best bet is repairing it yourself or befriend someone who knows how. Hopefully it will be an accessible area to just use a rubber mallet on. You could also try that popsident trinket, if it is a small dent; but its kind of a pain in the bum.