Paint, Body, & Interior Need advice on paint? Have a new interior mod idea? Having some trouble with a body kit? Discuss it here.

dings

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 12:30 AM
thisjrocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default dings

I live in an apartment complex and we had some really bad neighbors whose kids were so awful about slammin their doors into the sid eof my jimmy. So I have all these white scuff marks and nicks and dings in my drivers side what are some easy ways to fix them for a know nothing like me

Old 09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
blznlowxtreme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default RE: dings

get some really big rock and everytime the kids try to open their doors just knock them in the head with one and they should learn pretty quick, for the light scuffs you might be able to have them buffed out and and get some dupli-color and the small nicks, the dings im not exactly sure what to tel you it really depends on how bad they are, i know how you feel somehow i have ended up w/ 5 dings in my passenger door

Old 09-01-2007, 04:53 PM

oh Yeah. I have a cordless buffer I got in a kit for fathers day but I have never used one so I am afraid to use it..lol

Old 09-05-2007, 06:44 PM

just dont press down too hard and dont stay in one spot. keep light pressure on buffer between 12 and 3 o'clock and use the proper compound

Old 09-06-2007, 08:12 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

i have heard that dry ice can get small dents out but i am reluctant to try it for fear of doing it wrong. I don't know anyone who has actually done it.

http://www.dryiceinfo.com/other.htm#HAIL%20DAMAGE

Old 09-06-2007, 08:19 PM

thats interesting i have never heard that before, sounds like something that could really go bad if you dont know exactly what you are doing

Old 09-07-2007, 06:07 PM
BF Veteran
mdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant futuremdehoogh has a brilliant future

yeah thats exactly why i havent tried it yet. i have a couple small dents on the roof i might try it on.

EDIT: there were two guys driving down my street today and they owned a dent repair shop and had been driving around leaving flyers on doors and i happened to be outside and i asked him if the dry ice works and he said it can IF you know exactly what you're doing but otherwise he said it can crack the clearcoat.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:38 AM

see that is why I haven't done anything......I don't have a clue what i am doing and I do NOT want to make a major mess of it lol.....I can hear my wife now scolding me haha

Old 09-20-2007, 02:14 PM
BF Guru
rriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond reputerriddle3 has a reputation beyond repute

Price the service from a paintless dent removal business.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:49 PM
BF Veteran

they quoted me only$1600... i just threw the estimate away after they left.